• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anders' European Adventure

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
In 2004 Danmark National Cricket Club picked up some youth players from the academy, the one standout this year was Anders Rasmuaas.

Name: Anders Rasmuaas
Position: Batsman
Batting Hand: Left
Bowling Style: Left Arm Medium
Second Team Average: 51
Team: Danmark

The first Game.
The first game is at our home ground,Svanholm Park, unfortunately playing for the national "A" Team we have to fly to the Finnish home ground- Ruskeasuo Krlkettlstadionllle in Helsinki but we hope to be home to see the end of the National match as the A team games are 3 days long.

Match 1

The National Team

Danmark 258(Esmeijer 61,T Hansen 53) and 266(Pedersen 66,Overgaard 52) beat Suomi 141(H Hansen 5-40) and 327(Klokker 96, H Hansen 6-116) by 56 runs.

The A Team

Suomi "A" 215 and 231 drew with Danmark "A" 255 and 99-3

Anders' comments

Not the best start to my A team career 24 and 6 but I think chasing 292 with opener Michael Lumb(43*) still there we stood a good chance.

The Trophys are: The Continental League(NCL) ,European Championship(CC), Tyre Cup(C&G), CW Cup(Super Cup)

Next up the A Team host Belgique and the full team face the dangerous overseas player Sherwin Campbell

Ander's thoughts on the lads

Wow Muttiah's great at spinning it and I remember watching Soeren Venddy hitting his 186 and seeing Hansen destroying teams in the European Trophys.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Note to any Danes: I did try to get him off calling him Rasmuaas... ;)

Nah, good story mate...great to see a mod get a reaction after one day :)

Cloete

International Captain
Hang on, does ICC pick up Euro players as non-overseas one's? If it doesn't you could be in a bit of trouble after one season!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) Sort your apostrophes out
2) They won't have nationalities other than English - Croat, Belgian etc aren't in the game!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete- Neil is right but I do have a good mix of different countrys along with my overseas player who is Murrrali

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neil Pickup said:
1) Sort your apostrophes out
2) They won't have nationalities other than English - Croat, Belgian etc aren't in the game!
no croats... just when you thought ICC was good... :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
My A Team Match: Danmark A vs Belgique A: Svanholm Park 25-27 April 2004

My Scores:
16 and 2

We drew with Belgique 16/3 chasing 122.

Vestergard hits and bowls Belgique out for 6

Soeren Vestergard's first innings 91 and then 46-7 to get the Award of the match. 82-10 from Muralialitharan also showed why Danmark were 2nd in the European Championship.
Danmark 203(Vestergard 91) and 205(Anderton 52) beat Belgique 128(Vestergard 14-4, Muralitharan 24-5) and 215 (Muralitharan 58-5) by 65 runs.

The CW A Team Cup match faded out against the Italia team with a 17 year old's 178* leading Italia A to 341/2 and the Danmark A's hitting just 100 all out in reply; Rasmauus hit 11 off 12 balls and took a catch.

Hansen's Single not enough for Danmark

Anders Hansen's single off the last ball wasn't enough for Danmark at Bologna.
Needing 3 runs for a one wicket win, Number 11 Hansen coudn't get the runs required for victory.
Cricket Web Cup Italia vs Danmark; Bologna 29 April 2004
Italia 214-8(Hancock 51) beat Danmark 213-9(Esmeijer 59) by 1 run.

More soon.