• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Easy way of making games

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
No way of making one that's accurate.

I could make 1 but you'd have McGrath scoring 100's:tounge:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jamee999 said:
No way of making one that's accurate.

I could make 1 but you'd have McGrath scoring 100's:tounge:
Jamee can't even spell tongue, so he'd probably end up with a five-a-side on beaches or something equally stupid..

No easy way to make a good game.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Like Jamee said, I could make a game anyday but it would 100% innacurate. Making them realistic is the hardest thing.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
You could choose an easier option by going with something like GameMaker, or you could make something better by learning a new language.

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
I have made a few games on game maker but I dont know the GML language.I can only understand the language if a teacher teaches it

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
game maker aint very good.

if u want to make a serious game then you would have to learn something like visual basic. you could probably pick up a copy of visual basic 6 for not to much somewhere as it aint the latest version but i use it and i reckon its better. thats wat im using for my game

voidzero

Cricket Spectator
I made a game sometime back, indian cricket captain 2003... totally made in vb6.0. infact I made it while learning vb6.0, so I can say tht vb6 is the best option for a text based sim, like the one i've made. i'm also proud of the fact tht my game engine is pretty accurate, ie. the scores generated are life-like 99% of the time. would be glad to reply to specific questions.

regards,
voidzero

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
voidzero said:
I made a game sometime back, indian cricket captain 2003... totally made in vb6.0. infact I made it while learning vb6.0, so I can say tht vb6 is the best option for a text based sim, like the one i've made. i'm also proud of the fact tht my game engine is pretty accurate, ie. the scores generated are life-like 99% of the time. would be glad to reply to specific questions.

regards,
voidzero
ive actually played that game, i found it very fun, great presentation and i liked the couple of graphs 2. i did find a couple of bugs though, it was ages ago so i can remember specifics but i think it was something to do with bowlers bowling 2 much or something and sometimes i would have issues with getting into an actual game.

sawu

Cricket Spectator
I have a reasonable (but a bit rough) knowledge of Java. I'd love to start a cricket simulator, but have absolutely no idea where to start. It would obviously start off ridiculously simple, but I've got a bit of time and energy to put into it if only I knew where to start. Any suggestions? :)

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
VB6 is the way to go. Your wasting your time with VC++, takes a very long time to learn, and should only be used with complex 3D games.

VB6 is quite cheap now. It's worth it. Easy and a reasonably powerful language. I have no experience with Java though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Jamee can't even spell tongue, so he'd probably end up with a five-a-side on beaches or something equally stupid..
hehehe. Yeah, what sort of nincompoop would come up with an idea like that?