• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Easy way of making games

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi
I want to make cricket games.but i want to know an easy way for it.can anyone tell me wat this way could be

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
There is no easy way to create a cricket game.

Here is my version of doing a sim:

Get the "number-crunching" factors on paper first. How do players get out?
Then learn a computer language - personally Delphi
Have a large amount of patience.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
none of them are easy to get good at.

the best to learn would probably be C/C++

but thats also one fo the more advanced.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Rendering engines

Possibly the easiest method of game development is using 3D Rendering engines such as 3D Studio or Renderware. Unfortunately these are bloody expensive. You could try 3D Game Studio. A trial version can be downloaded and it only costs US$250 to buy outright. I'm trialing this myself at the moment.

There is still a lot to learn to use such engines, but at lease you can begin development before sorting out your programming skills.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you want to make a quality cricket game, I suggest you learn a real language, like Delphi, Visual Basic, Visual C++ (one I use).

If you want a quick one, goto one of those gamemaker programs.

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
I leanrt Visual C++ in a matter of 1 week or so believe it or not, and Visual Basic is meant to be easier. More you practice, the better you become.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I would very surprised if anyone could learn Visual C++ in a week. I have been using C++ for 10 years as a professional programmer and am still learning new things (as all good programmers do).

You can certainly learn enough in a week to do simple stuff using dialogs and the wizards but you certainly won't master OO programming, pointers, templates, streams, STL, etc. and all the other powerful features of C++.

There is a lot more to programming that just learning the syntax of any programming language. If programming was easy everyone would do it but the truth is it isn't. You need plenty of patience and have to take it in small steps.

Daniel.

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
Where did you learn this?and can you teach me the basic things of Visual C++ on the web in MSN Messenger Andrew 14

Last edited: