• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damned Empire!

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Tsst, now that I have upgraded my Windows XP Pro to Service Pack 2 my ICC playing has been severely interupted :(

Now, when playing full screen the game flickers and skips and is pretty much unplayable. So, now I have to play it in 'windowed' format which i don't like. Now it only skips when I want to manually play the game.

It is so annoying.

Bloody Empire won't release a patch to fix it and I don't want to uninstall SP2 because it is more secure and stable than normal XP, which is what I would be going back to.

I'm pained, have any of you upgraded to XP Service Pack 2? Also, are you having the same problems as me?

It is so damned annoying!

*Edit* I've emailed Empire pleading for a patch to be released so dedicated players of ICC from all around the world can continue to play ICC after they upgrade to SP2. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to knock-out a patch, i think it's something to do with DirectX. In the upgrade of the Operating System you get DirectX 9, so ICC must not be able to run on that.

They better email me back! I don't see why i should have to compromise the added security of stability of the updated release for Windows XP just to be able to play ICC again!

Regards,

Lee

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
TBH i don't know what is happening with Empire and their cricket.. Nothing for a few years I would imagine.. I don't think you will be getting a reply mate...

PommieMacGill

State Regular
heh, well I did get one but it's just a load of rubbish that Empire are spouting. I'm not uninstalling SP2. I may try and update my Graphic Card Driver but it looks like I will cease to play ICC.

The issue you are referring to we think is linked to the graphics card
drivers and the installation of the Service pack 2.
Unfortunately Microsoft cannot cater for every eventually when they release
a new Windows update and it seems that there are issues regarding drivers or
graphics issues that are arising due to the installation of this update.
Part of the update is directed at DirectX and we think that this effects the
drivers that are installed. We recommend that you reinstall the latest
driver for your graphics card and see if this helps resolve the issue.
Unfortunately there will be no further updates / patches for this product as
the development team for this product no longer exist and there are no plans
to continue this series of games.

Regards

Support

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Yeah but have you got Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed?

I've tried the latest drivers for my graphics card and it's still the same.

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dude its your f***in graphics drivers

I have the same problem but i don't mind playing in windowed mode

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Dude, it's not my ****ing graphic card drivers. It is now working again in full screen for some reason, but i'm not "****ing" complaining!