• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web ICC Team

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web 453 beat Gloucestershire 210 & 187 all out.
MOM Samuel Vimes

The final score line in this game hides the fact that for the frist part Gloucs were well in with a shout. They had won the toss and decided to bat but wickets for Hall, Kearsley and Chapman had set them back and they never really recovered. Chapman was the pick but everyone chipped in, Gloucs were reduced to 147-8 before Hancock scored a crucial half century and Glous were all out for 210 on the stroke of tea.

Ferd and Smith strolled out to open but both were back in the pavillion soon enough. No.3 Vimes had to watch from the non strikers end as 3 more CW batsmen came and went and CW were left 97-5 overnight with Vimes 47 not out. Cloete was with him overnight and throughout most of the next day - the star allrounder scoring 93 as he put on 228 with Vimes. Vimes carried on and on putting on a hundred with Kearsley (52) before finnaly perishing ninth down with a CW record 230 under his belt.

Windows and Spearman began confidently but once the opening partnership had been broken for 70 they collapsed, Chapman with another 4 wickets making it 50 for the season in FC. Thomas got 2 and captain Bluefox brought himself on to take 2-5 at the end.

Still third in the table but we are only a few points behind second.

Team: Ferd(13) Brad Smith (5) Vimes (230) NIchani (9) Bluefox(23, 3-1-5-2) Age Master(3) Cloete(93, 13-4-34-2 & 14-3-22-1) Kearsley (52, 14-1-43-1 & 6-0-36-0) Thomas (1, 8.2-2-30-1 & 10.2-1-44-3) Hall(3*, 13-2-43-2 & 6-1-21-0) Chapman(1, 25-5-56-4 & 20-2-56-4)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
My word...that's more runs than in the entire season! Boosted my average to 71, too.

Interestingly, the six outstanding players of the FC game are Scottish, Norwegian (yes, am shameless enough to call myself an outstanding player after that game), two Aussies, an Indian and an Englishman. No Kiwis, nor any Pakistani, nor any South Africans.

And credits to gio and Lord for good bowling efforts and to Cloete for his near-century.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
day of recovery spent playing ICC so more matches to post...

Cricket Web 180-4 beat Gloucestershire 176 all out by 6 wickets
MOM Rueben Thomas

International superstar Buggsy Malone's return to the side was immediately successful as both he and Mr Wright got some help from the pitch and removed the top three batsmen. The spinners came on to strangle the opposition and only Mark Alleyne with a fine 93 was able to counter the CW bowlers, Rueben Thomas taking 4-54 and Cloete 2-13.

In reply the batsmen didn't really have to push the score along and, though Nichani's 61 was the only score of real note, all batsmen got into double figures and an easy victory was sealed with over 5 overs left to keep the pressure on leaders Surrey.

Team: Ferd(15) Vimes(30) Craze(24) Nichani(61) Bluefox(24* & 1-0-5-0) Age Master(20*) Cloete(DNB, 7.3-3-13-2) Malone(DNB, 9-2-29-2) Mr Wright(DNB, 9-1-37-1) Thomas(DNB 9-1-54-4) Chapman (DNB, 9-2-35-1)

CC
Cricket Web 456 & 236 beat Essex 373 & 212 by 107 runs
MOM A Cloete

A slightly cloudy start to the day but a great pitch and so CW decided to bat first. Soon in trouble with the loss of Ferd and Craze, Sam Vimes and Nichani led the recovery with a century partnership before the departure of Vimes for a half century was quickly followed by 3 further wickets including Nichani for 97. At 211-6 the innings lay in the balance, but with Andrew Cloete in such splendid form he was able to forge partnerships of 91 with Malone, 54 with Mr Wright and 59 with Rueben Thomas and collect another Century to take the
match in CW's favour.

A century opening stand got Essex off well but they were always falling short, despite half centuries from Grayson, Stephenson and Hussain, CHapman was able to pluck them out for 373 and give CW an not insignificant 1st innings lead.The third innings was not how they expected, even CLoete failed as they collapsed to 83-6 but Malone and Captain Bluefox rescued them with a 97 runs partnership and CW left Essex 320 to win.

Another solid start was ended by Mr Wright and really only some late order hitting by England discard James Foster made the score respectable, Chapman took another 4 wickets and Malone got 3 at the end. Second in the table now and an assualt on the title could be in the pipeline.

Team: Ferd(4 & 16) Vimes (79 & 9) Craze(15 & 27) Nichani(97 & 2) Bluefox(7 & 68, 8-1-33-2) Age Master(8 & 7) Cloete (110 & 0, 29-6-77-2, 9-2-24-0) Malone(27 & 64, 11-1-39-1 & 16-1-58-3) Mr Wright(31 & 25*, 12-0-49-0 & 12.4-2-34-2) Thomas(47* & 0, 15-1-67-0 & 12-1-39-1) Chapman(24 & 2, 37.4-9-101-5 & 28-6-54-4)

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket web 330-4 beat Essex 136 by 194 runs
MOM Nichani

This was one of those days where everything clicked and, although Essex are undoubtedly one of the weaker county sides, one can't dismiss such a huge victory as pure minnow bashing. It didn't look great in the second over when Ferd went LBw for 1 and then pinchihitter Richards hit his first two balls for 4 but was out to his third, Sam Vimes and Nichani rebuilt for a while but when Vimes went for 35, Nichani and Bluefox cut loose, absolutely destroying the
Essex pie-chuckers. Middlebrook went for 74 from 9 and Illot 70 whilst Grant was taken for 60 from 6. Nichani smashed 143 off 119 balls and went late on but Bluefox scored his century, finsihing on 116* off 99 balls.

When faced with such a total it was understandable that there would be apprehension in the Essex dressing room, but the later discovery that all 3 away dressing room toilets were blocked might give an indication of the fear of Irani and Co. Stephenson was visibly shaken as he ran himself out and Robinson, Flower and Hussain saw their stumps re-arranged by the opening bowlers. Irani and Habib bashed the spinners a bit but Pickup and Chapman then cleared the tail to record a massive victory.

Ferd(1) Vimes(35) Richards(8) Nichani(143) Bluefox(116*) Eclipse(16*) Cloete(DNB, DNBowl) Malone(DNB,7-1-34-1) Mr Wright(DNB, 7-0-45-2) Chapman(DNB, 4-0-25-3) Pickup(DNB, 3.1-0-32-2)

Now top of the table but only because Surrey, who still have a 100% record, have played 2 less matches.

The first test squad vs India has been anounced and Congrats to Samuel Vimes and Buggsy Malone who look likely to make their test debuts

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
The first test squad vs India has been anounced and Congrats to Samuel Vimes and Buggsy Malone who look likely to make their test debuts
I'm delighted with the call-up, although I feel there must be more deserved players than me. Still, I'll try to do my best for the England cause!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Buggsy Malone will have to wait for his test debut as he was given the 12th man duties against India, but then again he's probably pleased he wasn't involved in this debacle, Sachin Tendulkar scoring a double century as India won by an innings. Sam Vimes did make his debut and scored 0 and 9.

The web's next challenge was against Gloucs in the County Championship and although Mr Wright got an early wicket, Spearman and Taylor ensured a decent start before the spinners got amongst the batsmen, only Spearman and Taylor would pass 30 though plenty got into double figures. Surprisinlgy star man Chapman was overshadowed by Richards who took 3 and Patrick Nath who would also take three whilst clearing up the tail. Gloucs 225 all out.

Barring Eclipse's early dismissal the Cw innings had got of to a decent start with Bennett and Craze putting on 80 for the second wicket.. then a collapse left the web 145-6 before some wagging by the tail gave them a 7 run lead. 232 all out.

Windows and Spearman gave Gloucs a great start with an opening partnership of 58 before Chapman struck - after some rib teasing due to his first innings performance the star man hit back in some style - 8 wickets later only Patrick Nath had claimed a wicket apart from him - the other a run out from Chapman's bowling. Despite Chapman's heroics Gloucs had still managed to get to 245 all out and set CW 239 to win- not easy batting last.

Well it wasn't meant to be easy, Eclipse made it look so as he raced to 50 off 37 balls - he was out when the score was 131 and he had scored 98 of them (107 balls). Bennett completed his second successive half-century, although only Eclipse's batting at the other end kept the crowd awake as he crept along. Bluefox and Cloete finished the job off easy enough and Cricket Web has won by 6 wickets - still second in the table after first placed Essex also won, but we have a game in hand

Cricket Web 232 and 241-4 beat Gloucs 225 and 245 by 6 wickets
MOM Amazingly Ian Harvey's 5 wickets and 25 runs were considered better than Chapman's 9 wickets. How long England can neglect this superstar whilst they continue to get pounded remains to be seen.

Team: Eclipse(6 & 98) Bennett(53 & 50) Craze(43 &8) Nichani (18 & 26) Bluefox( 17 & 29*) Cloete( 4 & 17*, 6-0-26-1 & 17-8-28-0) Richards(48 & DNB, 18-3-39-3 & 13-0-38-0) Mr Wright(15 & DNB, 8-3-22-1 & 14-4-27-0) Patrick Nath(16 & DNB, 10.5-0-45-3 & 16-6-32-1) Pickup(2 & DNB, 12-0-36-1 & 11-2-38-0) Chapman(1* & DNB, 16-1-53-1 & 34.4-6-79-8)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
man i want to play again...my od avg are good!! let me play! :D and give me another chance in FC plz :)

Cloete

International Captain
I'm delighted with my four-day form, my OD bowling seems quite good as well.

I still think the England selection is ridiculous, I don't want to say it but I would have though going purely averages I'd get in over bugs? Even still Bugs is better than most of the england guys as well :D

Bluefox not playing is ridiculous. I vote Dave for England as manager as well :D

Anyway on a high note we're doing really well, special mentions to Chapman, Vimesy, Bugs, Dave and Bluefox!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAHA im surprised with My average i didn't make the England side... I mean usually an average of 15 would get the captaincy...

:p :p :p

Was that a little below the belt?? :p :p :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
superkingdave said:
Cricket web 330-4 beat Essex 136 by 194 runs
MOM Nichani

This was one of those days where everything clicked and, although Essex are undoubtedly one of the weaker county sides, one can't dismiss such a huge victory as pure minnow bashing. It didn't look great in the second over when Ferd went LBw for 1 and then pinchihitter Richards hit his first two balls for 4 but was out to his third, Sam Vimes and Nichani rebuilt for a while but when Vimes went for 35, Nichani and Bluefox cut loose, absolutely destroying the
Essex pie-chuckers. Middlebrook went for 74 from 9 and Illot 70 whilst Grant was taken for 60 from 6. Nichani smashed 143 off 119 balls and went late on but Bluefox scored his century, finsihing on 116* off 99 balls.

When faced with such a total it was understandable that there would be apprehension in the Essex dressing room, but the later discovery that all 3 away dressing room toilets were blocked might give an indication of the fear of Irani and Co. Stephenson was visibly shaken as he ran himself out and Robinson, Flower and Hussain saw their stumps re-arranged by the opening bowlers. Irani and Habib bashed the spinners a bit but Pickup and Chapman then cleared the tail to record a massive victory.

Ferd(1) Vimes(35) Richards(8) Nichani(143) Bluefox(116*) Eclipse(16*) Cloete(DNB, DNBowl) Malone(DNB,7-1-34-1) Mr Wright(DNB, 7-0-45-2) Chapman(DNB, 4-0-25-3) Pickup(DNB, 3.1-0-32-2)

Now top of the table but only because Surrey, who still have a 100% record, have played 2 less matches.

cloete is ripping it up... :p

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
even though i carried the drinks it was an honour to get the call up to the england side. cloete your comment of you should be in befor em ebut i am still better than the side, do i take that asa compliment or what !!! :P

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
August began at home to Essex, maybe a touch of complacency in the CW ranks who knows? it certainly didn't go to plan.

Eclipse, Blewy (Lasting 2 balls on his return to the side) Nichani, Craze and Bluefox were all in the showers early doors, 82-5. Rescued by the Allrounders Cloete, Richards and Kearsly they managed a respectable 233 but on this pitch it would be tough.

The bowlers did work hard early on with Kearsley and Nath putting in decent spells, Thomas took 3 quick wickets but the bowling of Richards, which was appalling conceding 48 from 5, and a terrific knock from well known slow coach Hussain powered the Essex boys to a 5 wickets victory with 3 overs to spare. Hussain was named man of the match.

Team: Eclipse(18) Blewy(1) Craze(36) Nichani(17) Bluefox(7) Cloete(54, 8-0-36-1) Richards(48, 5-0-48-0) Kearsley(23, 6-0-26-0) Nath(6, 6-0-31-1) Pickup(3, 8-1-38-0) Thomas(15*,9-0-52-3)

Clearly the team going on the razz the night before the match wasn't the best idea though Cloete won the 'pull the ugliest girl' contest and Blewy threw up over the bar in an entertaining night that must surely improve team morale and bonding. Quite whether Pickup will ever live down the midnight streak remains to be seen.

Essex 234-5 beat Cricket Web 233 all out by 5 wickets

The 12 for the second test was announced and both Buggsy and Sam have retained their places, lets hope England do better this time.