• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web ICC Team

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Youve been out of form and Buggsy has been playing well with the pitches suiting the Slow bowlers. However Buggsy was selected for the ODI squad(no Jellett or Gray) So you were selected for the CC match

Jamee scored 19 and 23 in the third test, which England lost again

National League
Cricket Web 228-7 beat Gloucs 227-9 by three wickets
MOM Eclipse

A solid effort by all 5 bowlers saw Gloucs restricted well, only Suasage Boy managed to get many runs. Nath and Buggsy were probably the pick of the bowlers though Pickup was tidy.

In reply Chaulk fell early again but Elipse and Nichani got them going before 3 quick wickets put the Web in trouble. Then Weber came in an played sensibly before Eclipse was out for a fine 80 from 74 balls. Weber then managed to see CW home with 7 balls left.

Team: Eclipse (80) Chaulk(4) Nichani (30) Bluefox (16) BK Smith(4) Weber (45*) Malone (7, 9-2-41-2,) Nath(26, 9-1-40-2) Mr Wright (6*,9-1-58-2) Pickup(DNB, 9-1-38-1) Chapman(DNB, 9-0-47-1)

County Champ
Cricket Web 386 and 185-5 beat Glamorgan 395 and 171 by 5 wickets
MOM Chapman(again!)

Losing the toss could have been cruicial Glamorgan raced to 221-2 in the afternoon wiht centuries from Powell and Hemp. CW fought back through star man Chapman who took another 5, but a frustrating last wicket stand of 48 left glamorgan with a good score.

The top 3 failed (as usual) but Bluefox and Jamee put on a century stand, both hitting 50's. Then Weber plundered a brilliant centruy putting on 132 with Partrick Nath who made 48 and edging the Web close to Glamorgans total.

Glamorgan's openers put on 50 before the collapse occurred, initialy started by the ginger haired Neil Pickup, Chapman and Halsey then got in on the act, all 10 wickets falling to the spinners as Glamorgan collapsed to 171.

77-5, that was the score when Kearsley came to the wicket to join star batsman Bluefox - 104 runs later the victory was secured Bluefox scoring 67* and Kearlsey 48*

Team: Eclipse ( 1& 10) Chaulk (13 &10) Nichani (0 & 27) Bluefox(89 & 67*) Gray(56& 4) Weber(122 & 5) Kearsley( 18& 46*,23-3-76-2 & 6-2-15-0) Nath (46 & DNB, 20-4-61-1 & 4-0-17-0) Halsey(11* & DNB, 17-1-70-0 & 17.5-4-35-3) Chapman(0 & DNB,32-7-79-5 & 20-4-33-4 )Pickup (12 & DNB, 27-2-106-2 & 19-2-69-3)

Buggsy Malone played the first 2 ODI's and top scored with 42 and then bowled 6-1-9-1 aas england lost to SL, then he didn't bat in the next match but got 6.4-1-31-2 as England beat India

Bluefox is top of the averages(filtered) with 736 runs at 73.6
Chapman is top of the bowling with 34 wickets at 12.26

Cricket Web are now third in the CC table

This will be the last till monday as i am going to the Leeds festival today.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
good scores from me!! so i can bat..what a surprise!! 122 and 45* are good scores...when do i get picked ;)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
this is great , actually hapy to be putting in with the team, happy with my contributions although i would luv to take a big bag of wickets. but happy with my form.
can we get some other individual stats mate, when u get a chance. well done by the way. this is great.

i would have done something similar but had nothing but problems with the editor.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bugssy said:
this is great , actually hapy to be putting in with the team, happy with my contributions although i would luv to take a big bag of wickets. but happy with my form.
can we get some other individual stats mate, when u get a chance. well done by the way. this is great.

i would have done something similar but had nothing but problems with the editor.
yes bugs... suuuuuuuure you would of :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy is injured... out for 4 weeks with a broken finger sustained whilst batting against Nath in the nets
CW 197-8 beat Sussex 196-6 by 2 wickets
MOM: Bluefox
After losing the toss again, Hall, who was called up late to replace Nath ( requested compassionate leave to nurse Blewy's injured finger) bowled brilliantly early on in tandem with Kearsley and Sussex were just 38-2 after their first 15, Hall conceding just 10 runs in a seven over spell. Pickup and Chapman didnt give much either - 67-2 after 25, But Sussex fought keenly and 26 off the last 2 overs helped them to 196-6, Matt Prior with 46* off 39 and Davis with 24* off 12. Hall and Chapman were the pick of the bowlers.

Cricket Web were seemingly cruising with Bluefox on top of the bowling and plenty of time left but a mini collapse and then some stody batting from the lower order of Kearsley, Richards and Hall left 6 runs needed of the last over. Hall took 3 of the first 2 balls and Richards took a single but the Hall was out leaving 2 needed from two balls, Chapman managed a single and Richards also managed one of the last ball to ensure victory by 2 wickets.

Team: Eclipse(12) Chaulk (30) NIchani (4) Bluefox (71) Gray(15) Weber(21) Kearsley(18, 9-2-50-2) Richards (9*, 9-1-53-2) Hall(6, 9-3-22-1) Chapman(1*, 9-1-24-1) PIckup(DNB, 9-1-44-0)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Second in the NL second division with 6 straight wins, Surrey have played 6 and won 6 aswell but have a better run rate

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web 620-7dec destroyed Worcestershire 179 & 216 by an innings and 225 runs
MOM Andrew Cloete

An important toss to win this one, Ash Chaulk's 75 runs at 10.71 saw him dropped and Sam Vimes brought in, the Fox won the toss and Vimes went to work. A Partnership of 194 for the second wicket with Nichani saw him smash a century. Nichani the went on to make 166 as he and Bluefox put on another 150. Age Master added a fifty then Cloete and Thomas smashed the weary bowlers the Fox genourously waiting till Cloete got his century before declaring.

In reply Kearsley got an early wicket, but the pitch was a spinners delight and the combination of the hard spinning off breaks of Thomas and the tight monotonous accuracy of Chapman strangled the life out of the first innings, Chapman taking 6-57.

The follow on was duly enforced and Weston and Singh made a good start, it was to be the only decent partnerhsip of the innings - Thomas and Chapman then removed the top four, Chapman must have thought he was nailed on for the Man of the Match but then Cloete cam on to blow away the rest of the side, taking 6-41 and withit the match award.

Fantastic win takes us to third in the table, handily placed for promotion.
Chapman and Age master were fined 30% of their match fee by the referee for comments made upon the dissmissal of Andy Bichel in the first innings. Bluefox now has 800 runs for the season.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am not palying after my solid form. am i also nursing blewys injury!!!! hahaha

can we have some averages and stats if possible please mate.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
You're not playing because you are in the England squad for the one day tourney, you havent returned yet. ill post some average's in a minute

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
cool man

hey can you just keep me posted on my progress with the england side now and then?

cheers

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web 256 all out lost to Surrey 259-4 by six wickets
MOM A Brown

The showdown of the season so far, both teams had 100% records in the competition. Surrey, the arrogant establishment, who's players saw fit to disparage the CW side in the press. Ramprakash called Chapman a 'chucker' and Jimmy Ormond said he could knock over Bluefox and Nichani in his sleep. It would be fair to say there was a bit of animosity between the sides.

The mutual hatres boiled over as early as the third ball as Ferd took a wold swipe at a Bicknell pie and Ormond waddled round at deep square leg to take a steepling catch, Bicknell then had some choice words for the CW Batsmen and was later fined by the match official. Nichani then came to the crease to jion Sam Vimes and they decided to smash them to all parts. They put on 120 in no time with Vimes making 47 off 38 balls and Nichani 70 from 56. Bluefox also made 35 from 33 but nobody else managed a significant contribution and the web were all out with 11 balls left of their allocation.

In reply surrey punished anything off line or length and only Hall and Cloete managed to contain the batsmen successfully. Surrey had a slight wobble at 137-3 but Ally Brown hit a half century to secure the match with 3 overs to spare. So a first NL loss for CW but the fires will surely still be burning when these two sides meet again when the 2nd division title could be at stake.

Team: Ferd(0) Vimes(47) Nichani(70) BlueFox(35) Craze(18) Age Master(16) Cloete (8, 9-0-42-0) Kearsley (23, 7-0-56-0) Thomas(19, 9-0-75-1) Hall(2, 8-0-38-0) Chapman(6* , 9-0-48-1)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Here's the averages so far.

Buggsy has not yet returned from the ODI tournament but England have played thier last match as they are already assured of last place.

He played all 6 matches scoring 78 runs at 15.6 with a HS of 42 and his bowling figures were 43 overs, 187 runs, 8 wickets at an average of 23.37 and ER of 4.28, BB 3-35.

Attachments