• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web ICC Team

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Next Matches were a CC and a NL vs Northants.

D Jellett was on England duty and scored 13 and 72 on debut but Sri Lanka won by 2 wickets.

Rueben Thomas was still injured and he was joined on the sidelines by Scott Craze who's hamstring injury would keep him out for a month.

The web lost the toss and were put into bat in overcast conditions, Ricaldo Anderson got Vimes for a golden an ripped through the top order to leave the web 51-6. BK Smith(51) and Kearsley(40) took the Web to respectability but the score of 186 was still very poor.

Take one man out of Northants reply and the Web would have had a lead, as it was the mercenary Michael Hussey's 211 was enough to give Northants a huge lead, one which look larger once Ferd, Bluefox and Sam Vimes had gone cheaply. Age Maester(65) and Jamee Gray(76) put on 75 but the Andrew Cloete's marshalling of the tail proved supreme as he scored an unbeaten century to at least give some hope. Northant were set 158 to win and lost 3 quick wickets but Sales hit an unbeaten 50 to see them home by 6 wickets.
MOM (unsurprisingly Hussey)

The web were hoping for a better performance in the one day game, and it got off to a much better start with captain Chaulk winning the toss and batting on a good day. Anderson again whipped out the top order, another poor start to a cricket web innings to leave them 3 down for 21. Enter Jamee Gray, forging partnerships of 89 with Bluefox(47) and an unbeaten centruy stand with Tarick Weber (46not out) Gray scored a brilliant century to take the Web to a competitive 220-4.
The opening bowlers then kept it tight early on before the spinners strangled the life out of northants, Halsey, Chapman and Cloete took 8 between them as Northants were bowled out 25 short - MOM Gray

Attachments

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
C & G Trophy- 3rd Round vs Essex

Cricket Web 207-7 lost to Essex 208-4 by 6 wickets

Only week into the season an out of two competitions already not a great start. Lost the toss again, put in to bat 9-3 and 47-5 says it all, all we could do was get our heads down and a great innings from Weber(70) made it respectable. IN reply Essex got a great start and never looked back although Thomas returned from injury to take 3 wickets in his first match

Team: Eclipse (2), Chaulk (3), Richards (1 ,2 -0-16-0),Fox (0), Gray(16), Weber(70) Cloete(28, 7.2-1-28-1), Malone (47, 5-0-30-0) Nath (19, 5-1-36-0) Halsey (DNB, 7-0-31-0) Thomas (DNB, 10-0-63-3)

cIRCKET wEB 238-5 beat Lancashire 237-5 by 5 wickets-MOM Gray
Putting the dissapontment aside, the boys travelled to Old Trafford where they would face the tough Lancashire side. Another toss was lost but the openers kept things tight and Chilton was run out, Law was out first ball to Nath, Thomas continued his rehabilitation with another 2 wickets, but Lloyds 76* helped Lancs to a good 237-5. A much better start was had by Cricket Web with Eclipse(33) and Richards(27) keepiking up with the runrate. When they went Bluefox and Jamee Gray took over and Bluefox was only out for (60 when victory was in sight. Another incredible performance from Gray had him 89* at the finish.

Team: Eclipse(33), Chaulk(4), Richards (27, 6-0-40-0), Bluefox(50), Gray(89*) Weber(18) Cloete (14*, 8-0-41-0) Malone(DNB, 7-0-24-0) Nath(DNB, 7-2-20-1) Halsey(DNB, 8-0-49-1) Thomas (DNB, 9-0-52-2)

I'll probably post like this from now on as the pictures take up too much room, apart from special occassions.

PS. Dylan Jellett was inexplicably dropped by England for the Second Test, however he was replaced by the in form Jamee Gray

Tom Halsey

International Coach
This looks very good - I'm interested.

One problem - how are we going to gel if we keep swapping the team around? Also, the team doesn't appear to be being picked on merit, everyone is getting a game instead. You did state it, but CWXI isn't run that way, and I don't think this should be.

Just what I think. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
This looks very good - I'm interested.

One problem - how are we going to gel if we keep swapping the team around? Also, the team doesn't appear to be being picked on merit, everyone is getting a game instead. You did state it, but CWXI isn't run that way, and I don't think this should be.

Just what I think. :)
The team will probably settle down now, early on i wanted to give every one a few games, to find out peoples abilities. Although matches played still comes into account, the best players(and taking form into account) will be playing from now on(although our openers all appear to be pretty rubbish so far :) ) I will also have to take in to account the people who are interested (as CW XI does)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One more before the football starts...

Jamee on England Duty, scored 22 and 29, England lost by 120 runs

Cricket Web 266 and 491/9 declared drew with Durham 358 and 189-8

Poor first innings effort, losing early wickets with only Jellett's 58 from the top order. Looked like a very poor score until a last wicket stand of 55 between Halsey (32*) and Thomas (50) rescued the Web.

Durham cruised to 244-3 with Thorpe scoring an unbeaten century before Chapman destroyed the rest of the side, taking 6-71 to leave the, with a 88 run lead.

The early loss of Chaulk was expected, but then Nichani and Eclipse destrpyed the bowling in a stand of 277. Eclipse scored 161 and Nichani 185 before the Web collapsed from 447/3 to 465/9 as everyone tried to slog it, Halsey then hit 22* from 10 balls as they delcared an hour before lunch.

The spinners opended the bolwing and Halsey struck twice as they were three down before lunch. Gough and Thorpe then hit half centuries before a flurry of wickets for Chapman and Halsey in the evening seesion left them 8 down with 5 overs left, but the spinners couldn't get the breakthrough and Durham secured the draw.
Team:
Eclipse(10 & 161) Chaulk(17 &21), NIchani (4 & 185) Bluefox(23 & 21) D Jellett(58 &32) Weber(3 &2) Cloete (26 & 0, 35-8-95-2 & 9-2-19-0) Malone (19 & 1, 11-1-40-0 & 12-2-20-1) Thomas (50 & 11*, 25-4-97-2 & 8-1-29-0) Chapman(5 & 8, 25.3-7-71-6 & 23-7-45-3) Halsey (32* & 22*, 25-9-47-0 & 33-7-65-4)

MOM Nichani

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm first make 70 and than 3&2 sorry guys...next time i will come back with revange :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
There is one more test, then the Natwest - probably tomorrow, if not the monday.tuesday as i am away at the weekend.

Last one for tonight and some good news....

Cricket Web 265-5 beat Hampshire 264-5 by 5 wickets

Cracking pitch and Hampshire batted first, Nath bowled well early up to remove both opener cheaply the spinners got smashed by Crawly and Kendall.
In reply a century opening stand between Eclipse and Bennett was follwed by partnerships of 75 between Bluefox and nichani and 71 between Bluefox and Jellett as Cricket Web eased to victory with over 10 overs left to maintain their 100% National League Record - TOP of the table

Team
Eclipse (59 off 38balls) Bennett (44 of 30) Nichani (45 off 30) Blufox(69 off 67) Jellett (38 off 39) Gray( 6*) Cloete(0* and 9-1-51-0) Nath(DNB 9-0-53-3) Halsey(DNB, 9-1-43-1) Chapman(DNB 9-0-66-1) Hall(DNB, 9-2-50-0)
MAN of the Match Eclipse

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
DJellett said:
Am I still in the test side?
No Jamee Gray replaced you for the second test and kept his place for the third.

Two good results.

Cricket Web 149-6 beat Sussex 148 all out by 4 wickets
MOM D Chapman

Malone and Nath kept it quiet early on then Pickup came on to get 2 quick wickets, from then on it was all about Don Chapman who took 6-16 to continue the impressive start to his career.

The batting wasn't so good with CW falling to 94-6 before an unbroken partnership between Malone and Nath saw them home to cement their place at the top of the table, 4 points clear of Surrey who have a game in hand.

Team: Eclipse (21) Bennett(1) Nichani(14) Bluefox (24) Jellett(15) Gray (12) Malone (26*, 7-0-28-1) Nath(28*, 7-1-24-0) Halsey(DNB, 7.1-0-30-1) Pickup(DNB, 9-0-47-2) Chapman(DNB, 7-2-16-6)

Great Win

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket Web 358 beat Glamorgan 121 & 224 by an innings and 13 runs
MOM Bluefox

CW won the toss and put Glamorgan in to bat. Malone took an early wicket but then Pickup blew away the top and middle order, Chapman cleaned out the bottom and Tarick Weber took 5 catches even though he wasn't behind the stumps.

Eclipse and Chaulk went quickly but Bluefox forged partnerships of 82 with Nichani (50) and 100 with Malone (72) and went on to score 146 his 3rd FC Century of the season.

Glamorgan did better second time around but Chapman took 5 wickets this time only Maynard(52) and Evans(49) put up serious resistance and Nath and Malone came back to remove the tail

A great win puts us 5 in the table ready to pounce.

Team:
Eclipse(14) Chaulk(0) NIchani(50) Bluefox(146) Jellett (36) Weber(7) Malone (72, 8-1-20-1 & 7.3-0-32-2) Nath(5, 8-2-17-0 & 12-1-35-1) Halsey (9, 10-2-22-1 & 20-4-47-2) Pickup(6, 18.3-2-45-5 & 12-0-32-0 )Chapman (0*, 9-4-13-3 & 27-5-69-5)

Cloete

International Captain
Geez I'm having a fair few good all-round performances!! If I keep it up I guess I'd be in line for an England spot. Anyway good to see the team doing really well hopefulyl we continue our winning ways!