• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Sim 2004

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have to agree with the other guys here, don't let a bunch of idiots ruin things for you, your friends and the rest of us.

Look at the feedback on any professionally-produced gamers' forum, you'll always get a minority of morons whose understanding of how intensely difficult it can be to program a computer game just lead to abuse. We get a lot of rubbish posted in our direction as admins/mods here at CW - don't take it personally, I know that it's hard at first when something you've worked on is abused, but when it comes to it the number of decent cricket/games fans outnumbers the idiots by a huge margin.

CW is always open to hosting and supporting these projects (see Magpie - that must be close on setting a record for most bugs in released code ever [what do you mean it randomly triples peoples' career records?!]).

Chin up, mate.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
(see Magpie - that must be close on setting a record for most bugs in released code ever [what do you mean it randomly triples peoples' career records?!]).
You're wrong. Beach Cricket was. Or possibly CM4. ;)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Is there a chane ANdrew that the game forum can be resurected?

i cant wait. and as you can see you have alot of people behind u supporting you.

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mate by the sound of it ur on a hell of an idea here, dont throw it away coz some idiot wants to give it to u, i dont c them getting off there a*ses and doing anything

straw

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
These people are right about the imbistles so don't let them get to you.

If we had a vote about who wanted the game to carry on, I bet 9/10 people would vote yes

so come on what do you say?

dro87

U19 12th Man
please put the game on-line, or at least the demo... Why should you ruin a wonderfull game just for a cuople of stupid guys???

Andrew_14

School Boy/Girl Captain
i finished the team editor, just putting things together. i'm gonna continue work on it, ill consider the cw offer.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Andrew_14 said:
i finished the team editor, just putting things together. i'm gonna continue work on it, ill consider the cw offer.
well done mate, sounds like a great game.
Please let us be able to download it, thanks :D

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
keep it up Andy. (if i can call u that :) ) player editor is a great feature cant wait.

r u still thinking of realesiing a demo or are u just gonna realease the full version and keep adding stuff?

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you are new to programming why don't you consider Visual Basic instead of Visual C++. That way you can concentrate on the game content/features instead of programming details/bugs. As others (eg. Neil) can attest, writing a cricket sim is quite challenging; adding the challenge of learning a big (and complicated) language like C++ might discourage you early in the project. This is the reason that so many cricket sims never get finished.