• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

EnglishSean

Cricket Spectator
Really Need Help

Hey guys I have only been on the site for a couple of days, so I'm not really up to date with all the intelligent jargon you guys say 8-)

I'm having problems with the editor and I'll take you through what i do and what happens.

1. I reinstalled the game (International Cricket Captain 2000) on typical settings.

2. I downloaded both http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcp71d.dll and http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/msvcr71d.dll into the Windows/System 32 folder.

3. I downloaded the convdb.exe file, and extracted it into the ICC folder (C:/Program Files/ Empire Interactive/ International Cricket Captain 2000/)

4. I downloaded Magpie and made a copy into the ICC folder.

5. I run the MS DOS (I have Windows XP) and i assume the default location is the one they set up for you? If so then i write in all the details...

cd\

cd progra~1

cd empire~1

cd intern~1

etc and the same with the convdb -d datap.db datap.db1 and convdb -d datat.db datat.db1.

6. I open Magpie and change the Default location to the DataT file.

7. I edit and things like 'Edit Squads' most teams have no players when i double click on it and ones that do only have this problem (see attachment 1)

8. After clicking update and saving the file, i open the game to find the player(s) havent been added and nothing is different, i did also re-encrypt the databases.

I know you lot are very busy and probably get asked this often, but really i have no idea how this works. I am generally pick it up with other games but ICC seems to be different. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
2000 database would be the problem, I assume...try to download the 2002 database and it should work (which you can find by trawling through the ICC development thread, I think

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Date format is wrong.

Go into control panel, see if you can find somewhere it says "regional settings", click on that and change Dutch to English (UK)

cacbm

Cricket Spectator
Hi, i followed the instructions in page 1, and evetything worked, but there is only a problem.....

I'm up to around the year 2040, and all the players are new(fake) players, does magpie allow us to edit those new players? if so, how would i go about it?

thanks,
Alan

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cacbm said:
Hi, i followed the instructions in page 1, and evetything worked, but there is only a problem.....

I'm up to around the year 2040, and all the players are new(fake) players, does magpie allow us to edit those new players? if so, how would i go about it?

thanks,
Alan
No - Magpie is at present a pre-game editor only.

I've not made any effort at decompiling save games. Feel free to give it a shot...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it possible to edit the tour teams you play, as in change the name of Victoria to say Australia A?

Because when I try I get an error.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I am having problems

I have downloaded convdb.exe and unzipped it - copied it into the ICC Directory.

Downloaded the PROPER (Post #4) msvcr71d.dll and msvcp71d.dll - but I put it into the folder My Documents - i would think that is Windows\System32.

Downloaded Magpie and copied into ICC Directory

Then when I go to MS DOS Prompt - this is what I get.

ATTACHED THUMBNAILS:

1. msvcr71d.dll and msvcp71d.dll are in My Documents
2. convdb and magpie are in ICC Directory
3. Step 9 is complete
4. Step 10 - unknown problem for myself - I have never got passed this stage!!!

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Try to copy the *.dll files into Windows/System (you have to turn on hidden folders for that though...go to Tools -> Folder Options -> and the Show tab, I think).

Alternatively, try to copy the *.dlls into the same folder as convdb and magpie.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I think it is now in system 32 - but it still doesn't work

so...can I just copy these two into the ICC directory??? and no step by step is required????