• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
I may as well ask in here. if I was to post some players names, would anyone be able to tell me their player id numbers? I don't have ICC2002, but apparently if I know their numbers than I can edit 2006 with artmoney. so...if you have a spare ten minutes, and know how to tell me them, that'd be fantastic

mahmoodbhopal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
can some one make a database file which has all the international players in differant teams like pakistan surrey india suxess etc. or few good players in surrey 4 batsmen and 3 good bowlers all from differant teams as i cant get to run the editor in this lap top thanks help appricated

Isura

U19 Captain
Hi,
I'm not able to edit the original DB with magpie. Although I can edit the new 2007 updated DB that kentland has provided. Is there an older version of magpie or something that can be used to edit? (I get an error when I try to save changes )

Dawsy

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys, whenever i try to save the database, i get this invalid error.
Its different to the ' ' Invalid interger, but instead it comes up with this (see attached file)

What does this mean?
Cheers

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hey guys, whenever i try to save the database, i get this invalid error.
Its different to the ' ' Invalid interger, but instead it comes up with this (see attached file)

What does this mean?
Cheers
Means much the same. Can you save without changing owt?

dmac

i had the same problem when i first started editing with magpie. All u hav to do is download a new database and ull be fine.

dmac

here ill upload 1 for u. All u do is extract it into ur icc folder then open magpie and u no the rest.

Attachments

boredsingh

Cricket Spectator
here ill upload 1 for u. All u do is extract it into ur icc folder then open magpie and u no the rest.
Not working for me, i tried to open it with the program on the first page but it says file not found even though i selected the right data folder

sidgreat

Cricket Spectator
Help

Hey Anyone there could you give me a step by step guide on editing icc3??
downloaded some files but dunno what to do with them

Corbin

School Boy/Girl Captain
'convdb' is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

(this was during step 10)

by convdb.exe is in my ICC2002 folder. i also have ICC 2005 installed.

any help?

i can provide a screen shot if necessary

Cottager

Cricket Spectator
got a bit of a new problem really. was editing happily on my old laptop, but a water spillage and a trip to pc world later, I'm on a new laptop with windows vista. now I'm not entirely sure that that's the problem itself, but basically I'll edit things in the normal fashion that used to work completely, and do everything the same, and some of the time this'll work. I've definitely been able to edit things in the game at times. but some of the time this won't work, and when I do the editing, I save in the normal way, load up the game and find that the game has loaded a database from before my last save of magpie. sometimes I'll go back and it will have forgotten everything I've done, sometimes it'll still remember it, but just isn't loading up the thing that I've just saved. now the thing I'm suspicious of is the compatibility files that vista seems to want to create for me, which it lumps the edited data files into sometimes. but it's all a bit confusing for me. has anyone else had a similar or the same problem (with or without vista), and how did you solve it?

cheers for any help given

saif858

Cricket Spectator
Error While saving the database

Hi ppl,

i have downloaded everything works fine the only problem is that after i convert the database and open it with magpie, without even changing anything it gives me an error can any one help me with it

Thanks!

Attachments

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
its because you've put "r" where there's ment 2 b a number instead. i know magpie inside out im making a current database for icc2002 its taking me forever so far and i havent done a whole lot in the jist of it all. got all the player photos though, making ya own ones is so much better

saif858

Cricket Spectator
hi, thanks for replying
The thing is i just opened the database and have not even made a single change and tried to save it when got that error i post in my last message.
If you don't mind can you please send me a copy of your database and which works please.

cheers

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
best bet would be to uninstall the whole thing and make sure you have the .dll files listed in the start of this thread, that could be it, also grab one of the latest databases from here