• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Does this editor also work on the icc2005, if you follow the same steps given? as i;ve been following these instructions to try and use the editor with 2005 but realised it may not be possible?

thanks

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
sammy22 said:
Does this editor also work on the icc2005, if you follow the same steps given? as i;ve been following these instructions to try and use the editor with 2005 but realised it may not be possible?

thanks
It isn't possible - different database format.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
wat is it that you do in magpie that makes it come up with the following error message wen u try 2 save it?

'.' is not a valid integer value

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
whitedazzler said:
wat is it that you do in magpie that makes it come up with the following error message wen u try 2 save it?

'.' is not a valid integer value
Plenty of things. The most common being using the "reset" buttons on career histories.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
would things like changing players nationalities, ages and county squads do anything to make the error message in my last post come up?

if so which ones?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
whitedazzler said:
would things like changing players nationalities, ages and county squads do anything to make the error message in my last post come up?

if so which ones?
Shouldn't do - but...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
At present there will not be one as the encryption routines are completely different and I don't have the faintest idea how to begin decrypting.

darko21

U19 Debutant
The way i change a team's budget is to increase player salaries. If a team has more expensive players then the beginning budget goes up. So if your 20-man squad are all getting paid 50,000 then the team salaries is 1,000,000. This would boost your budget to around 900,000, depending on the team rankings at the beginning of the game. Hope that helps.

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hm.. i get the integer error all the time, just keep saving after each step. Anyhow i am working on an all time team for all the national teams except for zimbabwe, bangladesh etc.

I have nearly done australia, and i soon finished that i will put it up, for people to check. Of course i dont know like preferences for some of the older players, so maybe you could help with that.

should be within the next couple of days, australia includes, taylor, lillee, miller etc.
i probably wont put bradman in it, unfair for the other teams.

FITZOL

Cricket Spectator
Error using Magpie

Hi Neil,

This is a question for you.. first thanks for making the editor, but I have a problem with it.

The screen dump show what error im getting. I have not decrypted the files before.

And when I load Magpie it says "File not Found"

Any Help?

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm. Looks like DLL issues. Try updating the MSCVR file that it's whingeing about with one of the other downloads in this thread... or try sticking it in your Windows/System folder instead.

FITZOL

Cricket Spectator
Bad Image Error

I still keep getting the same error as above.....

I tried downloading from different threads and put it in the System folder, but same error appears.

very weird that no one else has come across this.