• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Step-by-step instructions for editing ICC with Magpie

cpr

International Coach
Right, just used the editor to do a few things, nothing major, just changing some players talents to suit how they are today (and changed Stuart Law's nationality, so i can grab another foreigner for Lancashire... hey he's English now!! :p)

So done the basics, changed ratings, nationalities, moved one or two players between clubs...

... and its all running smoothly :thumbup:

So cheers for a pretty decent proggie whoever made it (i am NOT trawling through 15 pages just to find the right name, you'll just have to be satisfied with a normal thanks!!!)... So meh cant do a couple of things (ie histories), but who cares, its better than nothing, so cheers!!!

cpr

International Coach
Just one small problem though....

All the players now have blonde hair/white skin..... Interesting to see Alex Tudor steaming in for England looking like that!!

You do know you can get banned from international cricket for a few decades for that sort of thing!! :p

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
hmm, did ya? Oh well, mebbie i've got some old school version of it... Never mind, doesnt bother me too much, infact i only really play ICC inbetween reading chapters of Mein Kampf :whistling

Sir Gaddy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ahhhhh

This is driving me quite insane, i keep editting people like improving and changing peoples stats, but i re-encrypt it once i have done, i make no typos or anything, and it still wont work, sometimes the game wont work and other times it will work but wont be updated with the changes that i have made

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Sir Gaddy said:
This is driving me quite insane, i keep editting people like improving and changing peoples stats, but i re-encrypt it once i have done, i make no typos or anything, and it still wont work, sometimes the game wont work and other times it will work but wont be updated with the changes that i have made
It has happened to me several times, I dont know what it is that does it, whether you reset the stats manually or not.

What i figure is wrong, from my personal experiences, is that 'Debut' is the problem. I am unsure, but GregBlewett on this site has managed to do some updated databases with updated player stats. ???

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hex-editing DataP.db - right at the end, after each team's squad, there's a set of 22 hex digits (two per player) - to correspond to player IDs.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I've been wondering if there is a leadership involved somewhere, because the most talented player doesn't necessarily get picked as captain.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hmm, Top quality stuff Neil.. However I can't help but be a bit concerned about Ian O'Brien (Batting Skill 11) Hitting 49 off 41 balls against India just now..

Mike2

Cricket Spectator
I know this is a stupid question but when i go to MS-DOS prompt, the default drive is H, not C and i dont know how to change it. im not great with computers so can someone please help me

Eclipse

International Debutant
Just re-installed and i still cant get rig of the -"is an invalid integer" error when i try and load the database.. that's even after i have changed the regional settings.

never had this trouble before.

blinkatben

Cricket Spectator
Ok, I'm a complete newbie to this, so please bear with me. (Although I have to say, I do consider myself a fast learner... :cool:)

Anyway, can someone please walk me through the setup again? I can't wait to get going on ICC, but I'm having a problem figuring it all out.

I've got ICC 2002 - if someone can point me in the right direction from the start and give me the easiest installation tips I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks,

Ben

jazz

Cricket Spectator
hi i am too also a newbie but i have icc 2001 is it possible i can edit it like icc 2002

im sorry if this question has already been asked