• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 HIGH Scores Thread!!!!!

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Ps2-
NZ V WI
NZ-1055
M.richardson 582*-of 352 balls
L.vincent 156-off 102 balls(i think)
N.Astle 250*off 140 balls(i think)
m.Sinclair 56-of 82 balls

beat tht,no cheats ,no $hit

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Does anyone know that cheap six trick with spinners? Is that how you get 400 off like 200 balls? Because I got 600 from 500 balls with Jimmy Maher.. considering I was 250 from 450 balls haha.

Difficulty was normal.

wadey4

Cricket Spectator
Ihave this game on Ps2 and i always play on hard, it's more of a challenge. Some Notable Achivements of mine Include:

Mosts Runs Off An Over: 43 With John Davison of Canada playing for South Australia. (1st ball of the over was a noball, so i hit 7 sixes + 1 for the nb). The Bowler was Bichel of Queensland.

Highest Player Score in An ODI: 375 off 180 balls With Jan Berry Burger of Namibia In a World Cup Final Against Australia ( i took 34 off the first over from McGrath)

Highest Team Score in a Test Match: 1412 all out as England vs South Africa (Triple Tons for Trescothic and Vaghaun in a 600 run opening stand)

Best Bowling in a ODI: Rudi Van Vuuren of Namibia In a World Cup Semi Final vs England 10 overs, 8 Maidens, 8 for 7 including a Triple Hat-trick (5wkts in a row. THIS WAS PURE LUCK BASICALLY! i bowled line and length for 8 overs but didn't pick up a wicket then in my 9th over BANG! snicks, diving catches, LBW's, Stumps Flying. Brilliant Stuff, especially when yor only defending 121 as i collasped MAJORLY.

Best Test Bowling: Stuart Macgill of Australia 10 for 0. I cheated basically. it was a damp Old Trafford Wicket so i opened the bowling with stuart and bowled long hops on middle with no pace. The batsmen either leave it and get bowled/LBW, swing and miss or pop up a catch to the men close in. The good old wicket every time ball!

Highest Partnership in a Test Match: 1001 between A.Flower and G.Flower for Zimbabwe vs India in India. I was 4 for 20 but with Andy Opening and Grant Coming in at Six managed a revival of sorts. :) Andy 650n.o (my highest test score) and Grant 440 bolwed Tendulkar killed them. i batted sensibly and barely hit a ball in the air. I batted most of 2days for these runs, so i feel quite proud.

My Favourite partnership: a Last Wicket partnership between Klass Jan Noortwijk and E.Scheferli of Holland got 120 runs which won me the world cup vs South Africa.

I love this game!

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
I only hired it on ps2 for a week, and my highest player score was 55 or so. In test I was 3/175 odd, but I dont think you can save the game mid way through, so I just quit coz i cbf playing anymore.

Link

State Vice-Captain
From one match all i can remember is scoring 1000 with Michael Vaughan in a test against windies at Antigua (trying to replicate lara).
but it was so boring i had to keep saving it and scoring runs another day. Also i couldnt resist the temtation of hitting every ball for six which just made the record look silly as he scored more sixes than fours. Wish i rememberd all the stats, but im currently doing it agian with Pietersen and Flintoff, trying to get a 2000 run partnership

12th Man

U19 12th Man
For a challenge a declared my first innings on 0-0. then i got700-4 as New Zealand chasing 698 to win against pakistan a. I got the runs in 150 overs and was 45-2 before styris got 250 and mccullum 300. There was about 80 wides or something like that.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
This is why C2k4 is crap on PS2. Just get it on PC and it's a completely different game (well not completely different - I still managed to win the World Cup as Scotland beating Aus, Eng and India!!!)

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
marc71178 said:
Is it worth £9.99 bearing in mind what is coming out in the near future?
Well seeing as we were promised far more than we got for C2k4 I'm not going to throw away my copy just yet in case BLIC also falls short of expectations. To be honest I'm 99% sure that it won't be as good as most people anticipate and they'll complain incessantly about it but I still think it's got the potential to be much better than C2k4.
Personally speaking level of editability is important. A year and a bit after C2k4 was released we've only just completely cracked the .gob in terms of replacing all gfx files, anm files, rff files etc
I just want a mostly bug-free game with good AI that is updatable. If I get that I'll be only too happy to dispose of C2k4 (plus it's got to have Scotland. It's taken me over a year to get round to putting Scotland into C2k4!)

cameeel

International Captain
ODI

AUS vs NZ - Hard Difficulty - 20 over match

Gilchrist - 154 NO
Hayden - 163
Custom - 111 NO

1/448