• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

test/4 day matches

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
i am clueless when it comes to bowling out other teams in 4 or 5 day games..

i've never bowled a team out for less than 400...

any tips?

i've only recently started playing the longer version...and its terribly boring since the other team usually has 2 or 3 centuries..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Since the game has so few catches, and so many bowleds and LBW's, I usually set the most defensive field possible and it doesn't change my bowlers' SR - they have a much better ER too.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
well usually i just use the default field setting...and change the line and length to exploit a batsman's weakness...

but its really getting irritating in tests...

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
field placing

watch your missed chances option.
You'll find that the chances go in certain areas most of the time.
Then set your field accordingly.

Mitchell

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
i just got beaten by an innings playing as Australia against the Karachi blues..

apparently i don't know how to bat either...

NikhilN

International Regular
Did you skip the match? and what version of the game are you using? PC or PSX? 2000,2001,2002?

gio

U19 Cricketer
Also, make sure you pick a decent side! If you're hopelessly "out starred" (go to the head-to-head/opposition screen on match day/team seelction) then it'll be hard to beat the opposition.

I usually bowl to their weeknesses. Coming round the wicket helps at times.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Always bowl to the batsmen's weaknesses. And start off with the new ball bowling at close to full aggression, then gradually lower the aggression level as the batsmen starts to score runs. (but not lower than 3 unless they are batting really well). Also, try to bowl your fast bowlers in shorter spells; 3-4 overs in hot conditions. Everyone has their own style to playing ICC, just feel your way around and try new tactics. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
at least I'm doing well in the Super Cup....Taylor and Stead are in excellent form for Yorkshire...

I dropped Silverwood and brought Sidebottom into the team...and two matches later he took 5-28..