• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Creating a cricket game in VBA (MS Excel)

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi,

Last year I completed an Advanced Level IT project making a Stock Portfolio Manager in Microsoft Excel. It heavily involved the use of advanced Visual Basic for Applications commands and macros. I acquired a fairly good knowledge of VBA. After taking a look at the 'Excel Cricket' game I realised creating my own simulation game would be quite complex despite having past experience with VBA.

I want to make a cricket simulation in VBA for Excel but I am unsure of what the basic components of a simulation engine would be i.e. the probabilities for individual batting/bowling performance, total scores, pitch conditions etc. For those of you have programmed cricket games before I would be grateful if you could give me some advice on the basic components of a simple cricket simulation.

Thanx,
LankanPrince

twlui1

Cricket Spectator
cricket Excel with VBA

I would love to get to know a excel with VBA, especially with the DWL calculation methods.
Million thanks in advance.

T.W. :laugh: