• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who does your team really need?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
8 additional players who understand the rules,have Sachin and 2 good youthies,a batting all-rounder and a MF bowler.That's it.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My New Zealand team could use a quality seamer and a quality spinner.
My Zimbabwe team could use a decent bowler or 4.
My Indian game desperately needs any seam bowler who can take wickets at less than 30 apiece.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
SirBloody Idiot said:
My English team needs a good keeper batsman.

Used the same non keeper for ten years.
I never use a keeper in my county games, i like to play 2 spinners, 2 pace bowlers and 7 batters.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My England side in 2026 is going through a horrible transition period of batsmen where the veterans are ending their careers and no-one's putting their hands up.

Consequently, I've just lost the First Test at home to India :(

_Ed_

My Surrey team needs a decent keeper...15 is not a good enough average, but he's been in the team since Stewart retired! (about 8 years)

Mr Mxyzptlk

_Ed_ said:
My Surrey team needs a decent keeper...15 is not a good enough average, but he's been in the team since Stewart retired! (about 8 years)
Ever considered trying someone else?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
My England side in 2026 is going through a horrible transition period of batsmen where the veterans are ending their careers and no-one's putting their hands up.

Consequently, I've just lost the First Test at home to India :(
Unfortunately, the batting remained injury-ravaged all series and we lost :(

However we then went straight to India and beat them there... which was nice. Also stuffed them 10-2 in ODIs (VB Series included). Think that proves who's the best.

Anyway, we've now got 5/6 batting positions sorted out, and the Bradshaw Brothers are set on surpassing the Waughs and Mohammads as the most successful Test Batting Siblings... I wish there was a third :p

_Ed_

My England team in 2008 doesn't have too many problems in the batting department, but I can't find any players who can bowl! I've tried Smethurst (he's currently my best, averaging about 36), Ormond, Hutchison, Bulbeck, and none of them are very good, and all of the good youth players so far are batsmen (apart from a spinner who isn't too bad, he too averages about 36 in tests). Hoping for a decent pace bowler soon, otherwise the next Ashes series could be truly horrific.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
My Durham team needs a good keeper. Currently I'm using Piran Hollaway. Though I can't complain cause last year he hit 341*. (9th wicket Partnership of 358 with Ormond, He hit 132 as well).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
_Ed_ said:
My England team in 2008 doesn't have too many problems in the batting department, but I can't find any players who can bowl! I've tried Smethurst (he's currently my best, averaging about 36), Ormond, Hutchison, Bulbeck, and none of them are very good, and all of the good youth players so far are batsmen (apart from a spinner who isn't too bad, he too averages about 36 in tests). Hoping for a decent pace bowler soon, otherwise the next Ashes series could be truly horrific.
I've not lost an Ashes series since, erm, 2006.

21 Golden Years :)

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
My Lancashire team in 2015 desperately needs spinners. The only spinner I have is chris schofield and he will be retiring soon. My 4 main bowlers are all RMF, the last 5 years my youth player has been a fast bowler. :huh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
kwek said:
my england team need a fast bowler...any tips(i'm in 2003)
Bulbeck. Took 500 Test wickets for me at average of about 22, and can bat.

Last edited:

Rich Hudson

Cricket Spectator
My Northants team in 2015 needs a pair of opening bowlers. I open the bowling with my opening batsman (who gets called up to England for 50% of their matches) and a RMF who is averaging 80 this year in the CC. However, I'm still top in the CC and NCL, after last season not winning a trophy for the first time (I think).