• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Cricket 2017??

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi guys, thought some of you may find this interesting as there are rumours of a new Big Ant cricket game coming out shortly. I've done a video on the rumours so far (which aren't a lot).

D

Deleted member 34141

I own 17 and really don’t want to buy it twice.
Why I’m concerned, looking at both trailers the Australian & England releases, Matthew Wade & Johnny Bairstow are both without helmets, both are close to the stumps like when a spin bowler is bowling.
Yes game trailer footage isn’t gameplay with such a glaring visible mistake in it’s debut to the press and fans, part of me is thinking another rush release. My opinion is subject to change well that’s obvious isn’t it, just at this moment it needs something magic, something to sell the game and just not seeing that.

D

Deleted member 34141

I did forgot too mention that buying this game would be May now, in 7 months time. Every month of my ban is another month added and I don’t think that is unreasonable or cruel. Matt is a BA employee and its more being polite and returning the favour.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I did forgot too mention that buying this game would be May now, in 7 months time. Every month of my ban is another month added and I don’t think that is unreasonable or cruel. Matt is a BA employee and its more being polite and returning the favour.
What?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Every time I buy one of these I think that this is the time it will go from being better than all that came before to actually good. But it just...isn't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Every time I buy one of these I think that this is the time it will go from being better than all that came before to actually good. But it just...isn't.
DBC14 was a big leap forward. I'm kind of prepared to call that one good. It hasn't aged amazingly but it was definitely good for a 2014 indy game.

DBC17 just wasn't finished when they released it - it was a downgrade at release. A bunch of patches later and it was almost what you'd have expected to be released following DBC14, but most people had already returned or given up on the game by that point, and it still wasn't the upgrade many were hoping for.

I haven't played AC17 yet (I can't yet - the one downside of belonging to the PC masterace :( ) but it has good reviews, from many of the same people who (rightly) trashed the initial DBC17 release, so I have high hopes.