• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2002 Patch

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone I have started to make an Austlian patch were I will swapp the aus leauge with the Eng leauge. So there for you will be able to play the Aus league instead of the Eng league. Anyway I alreay Done South Australia and I am Half way trough NSW. But it is going take a fare amount of time to do it all. Also because the Eng league has moore teams in it I will have to do somthing like put some state teams eg. Sturt. but thats just an idea at the moment so if anyone has eny ideas about what i should do please let me know 8-)

Cloete

International Captain
sheep dog said:
Hi everyone I have started to make an Austlian patch were I will swapp the aus leauge with the Eng leauge. So there for you will be able to play the Aus league instead of the Eng league. Anyway I alreay Done South Australia and I am Half way trough NSW. But it is going take a fare amount of time to do it all. Also because the Eng league has moore teams in it I will have to do somthing like put some state teams eg. Sturt. but thats just an idea at the moment so if anyone has eny ideas about what i should do please let me know 8-)
wow! have you seriously been able to do it? i'll be over the moon if u do. i think you should just leave in some counties... so go with 6 aussie teams (7 if u want ACT in there) then 6 counties and if u need more then also add in some NZ teams/SA teams/Indian Teams and it can be kinda liek a World Cricket CHampionship... otherwise just go what you think!

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Hi Cloete i think your idea sound good but if i added teams from all over the the world eg. NZ/SA/Indian all the players in these teams would be international players so at the end of the year you most likley would not have the buget to re-sign them and also all the youth you can sign will be Austrailan :cool:

Cloete

International Captain
sheep dog said:
Hi Cloete i think your idea sound good but if i added teams from all over the the world eg. NZ/SA/Indian all the players in these teams would be international players so at the end of the year you most likley would not have the buget to re-sign them and also all the youth you can sign will be Austrailan :cool:
woah! have u already started doing this and testing it? also how are you editing the database?

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
Well Cloete you ask how i am editing the database? Well in datap.db i swapp the teams names around eg. i swapped SA for Sussex. then I go to datat.db take all the players out of sussex and change there natinalitys to Australian. Then i put all SA players in the team and change there natinalitys to English.
After i have put all the Australian players in and teams in and taken all the english teams and players out there is a place in datap.db where it list the nations and I will swapp Australia and England around. So as i said in my first post this will take me some time but it will be wort it :cool:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
sheep dog said:
Well Cloete you ask how i am editing the database? Well in datap.db i swapp the teams names around eg. i swapped SA for Sussex. then I go to datat.db take all the players out of sussex and change there natinalitys to Australian. Then i put all SA players in the team and change there natinalitys to English.
After i have put all the Australian players in and teams in and taken all the english teams and players out there is a place in datap.db where it list the nations and I will swapp Australia and England around. So as i said in my first post this will take me some time but it will be wort it :cool:
You can't change nations' names.

And be very careful with changing team affiliations - there are two places it must be altered. And make sure that you change the number before the team name, too, this indicates the length of the team name.

If I were you, I'd run new games very frequently to check that all is working.

nibbs

International Captain
ADD NEW ZEALAND IN WITH AUSTRALIA!!!

OMG, that would totoally rock! it would be an awesome trans tasman league or something

Cloete

International Captain
nibblet said:
ADD NEW ZEALAND IN WITH AUSTRALIA!!!

OMG, that would totoally rock! it would be an awesome trans tasman league or something
yeah that's what i was thinking....

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
I have now completed WA and I am half way through Tasmania then i will start on QLD i hope have all the Australian teams finished in the next week or so. :cool:

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
I have run into a few problems one of them being changing the nations names like Neil said i can change the nations name but you can not manage Australia.and at the end of the season at the contracts screen when you click next the game crashes. unless i can figure these problems out this patch is all most impossible. So if anyone knows how to fix this problem please tell me :(

sheep dog

Cricket Spectator
I also had a look around the other stuff in the icc2002 folder and i in the AAus.acl which seems to have stuff about th austrailan comps in it i was wondering why it is there and if it does anything. :huh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You'll just have to stick with the ANZ players being English - the important thing in this patch is the domestic league, so you may as well concentrate on that.