• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ferd's 1st Indian Story

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Alot of Indian's(not all) have been going on about how the Indian team is really the best. Being Australian and seeing at least 3 hours (and sometimes up to 3 1/2 days) of every Indian game shown on Channel 9 has given me a bit of background info on them and after they almost won the series against Australia I am now intrigued about the current state of the Indian team. This whole story is building to one goal and one goal only. Defeating the Australians away in 03/04! When I get there the story may continue based on popularity and my overall mood with the game and life in general.

So here we go...

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
India in England (Jun 2002 to Sep 2002)

3 One Day Friendlies
3 Four Day Friendlies
4 Test Matches
1 ODI Tournament

Squad:

Batsmen:
A Muzumdar
S Tendulkar
V Laxman
V Kambli
S Sriram
A Chopra

Wicketkeepers:
R Dravid
P Dharmani

All-rounders:
G Dutta
V Sehwag

Bowlers:
A Kumble (Out for 7 days)
H Singh
T Kumaran
M Kartik
N Singh
J Srinath
D Mohanty
A Nehra (Out for 2 weeks)

Next Match: One Day Friendly vs Hampshire

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
1st One Day Friendly

India vs Hampshire

India (In Batting Order)

V Sehwag
S Tendulkar (Captain)
R Dravid (Keeper)
V Laxman
V Kambli
S Sriram
G Dutta
H Singh
J Srinath
M Kartik
D Mohanty

12th Man: A Muzumdar

Result

Hampshire 8-230
G Dutta 4-48 H Singh 2-50

India 224 ao
V Kambli 90* G Dutta 32

2 shocking lbws and 2 dubious caught behinds. MotM: Home Umpire

Hampshire win by 6 runs
MotM: G Dutta

Next Game:One Day Friendly vs Kent

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Ferd

This whole story is building to one goal and one goal only. Defeating the Australians away in 03/04!
Your story will be longer than you expected mate :rolleyes:
ICC2002 does not completely follow the ICC (Cricket Council)
10 year plan, so India doesn't tour Australia until the 04/05 season in the game. You will be hosting SA and ZIM, and touring WI in 03/04. Good luck!

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
I basically went with the recommended but dropped a couple that wouldn't be around in 03 or 04.