• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Don Bradman Cricket Career Mode!

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey guys,

Not sure if this can be posted here but I've just started a Don Bradman Cricket 14 career mode in the lead up of the new game coming out later this year. Would love your thoughts and comments on this as I will be doing this religiously until late this year!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
watched your first innings at least. is there any in-game benefit to blocking or are you just going for that realistic feel?

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I started a 16 year old career about 2 weeks after this came out. I haven't played it religiously and probably won't update to this next version (undecided). I've only made it to an 18 year old at this rate (though things have been crazy busy).
It will be interesting to see how it goes, good luck!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What difficulty are you on? 83 playing properly is not a bad effort at all.

You know, someone should strap a gopro onto their heads and actually document their whole career. Would be gun imo. Has to be some funny **** who'd talk **** with the fielders too.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
watched your first innings at least. is there any in-game benefit to blocking or are you just going for that realistic feel?
It's necessary on the higher difficulties I think.

I'm still so awful at batting. I consistently get to 20s-30s now but always edge one sooner or later. :(

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
What difficulty are you on? 83 playing properly is not a bad effort at all.

You know, someone should strap a gopro onto their heads and actually document their whole career. Would be gun imo. Has to be some funny **** who'd talk **** with the fielders too.
Playing on Veteran!

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Playing some strong glance shots. I've found going to the back foot and punch through extra cover of cutting is my go to areas.
Damn that mid-on trap though

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Playing some strong glance shots. I've found going to the back foot and punch through extra cover of cutting is my go to areas.
Damn that mid-on trap though
Haha, it's so tempting though! I'm not confident enough to play off the back foot on veteran. The amount of edges I get are ridiculous.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I take it your one day innings are full of you hitting fielders where gaps exist in FC games? Seems like every episode you'll get going and score your runs at a reasonable clip in the FC stuff but when you feature an OD game you'll block the first ball then the next we see you you're 1* (12) or something.

Next OD innings just slog everything, see what happens.