• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best cricket team that's ever played? And old vs new?

Newboy

Cricket Spectator
Wanted to know which team you regard as the best of all the time or the best of the recent teams. You can divide the teams by categories i.e. best twenty-20 team is... etc

It's also interesting to me when people say team A is good at test for example but can't be compared in twenty-20. I haven't been a stern watcher of cricket over the years but what really stuck with me was the Australian side of old in the 2000's with the Waugh brothers and Ponting and co. Though I'm told they were only a good test team and wouldn't fare well in today's t-20 but I remember them dominating nearly every time I saw them or heard of them.

Which brings me to my next point. How would the teams of old fare against the teams these days? If you could play that Australian team against this WI team in the t-20 then how would that go?

Forgive me if everything I said is completely stupid and shouldn't be contemplated. I'm new at this :D