• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 keys

msav

Cricket Spectator
Can someone please help me out with key definitions in 2004. It is particularly difficult for batting so far I cannot play anything but boring straight shots and the manual is not much help! I know you need to do combinations but I cannot work it out, some default shot keys would be useful.

Thanks.

rrrr duck pate

Cricket Spectator
I've got this problem as well, it really doesn't make any sense to me at all, I've tried any possible combination of buttons even similar to whats in the manual. Can anyone help? Thanks

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
It's pretty much the same as Cricket 2002 if you had it. My advice is for you to go to the nets and practice a bit.

Spike100

Cricket Spectator
I am having the same problem I am getting the hang of the bowling but I can only play straight shots when batting which only allows quick singles .I have practised in the nets but there is no way I can generate any sort of power do you press the type of shot,power button and direction button at the same time?The manual is very vague do you build the power up when the bowler is running in or when you attack the delivery?Some help would be very useful indeed many thanks in advance.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You don't need the power button unless you're slogging.

To cover drive (for example), hold down and left (assuming it's a right hander) and then hit S, and if you time it right, you cream it through the covers for 4 (Vikram Solanki is very good at this in my experience).

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oi, just played my first game on the PS2, and man did my batting go all wrong. I started to wonder when I decided to hit all shots while holding right, and only about a third of them were going to the right... I guess I'm doing something wrong, but time will tell, I suppose. =[

Majin

International Debutant
Bowling is way easier than batting man. Batting takes ages to get used to. But when you do, it's easy to get to 1000/5=dec on the second day of the test, Rahul Dravid 500 not out. xO

don_corleon

Cricket Spectator
I am also facing diffifulty in batting and balling and i have also lost my manual. can anybody send me the cricket 2004 manual in pdf format. It would be great.

Also if any body can help me in bowling as whenever i bowl, it goes a No Ball and also i dont know how to bowl a fast ball or slow ball. Can anybody just tell me they keys to control the bowling as for that I am just batting and closing my game , it is really painful computer hitting everytime.
Please help me.
I am a new member and wish to say hello to all the members here.
Thanks and waiting.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
don_corleon said:
I am also facing diffifulty in batting and balling and i have also lost my manual. can anybody send me the cricket 2004 manual in pdf format. It would be great.

Also if any body can help me in bowling as whenever i bowl, it goes a No Ball and also i dont know how to bowl a fast ball or slow ball. Can anybody just tell me they keys to control the bowling as for that I am just batting and closing my game , it is really painful computer hitting everytime.
Please help me.
I am a new member and wish to say hello to all the members here.
Thanks and waiting.

Hmm, it sounds like you never had a manual. No-one on this forum or any forum will support piracy.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i have the same problem guys.

can you help me w/ the key controls?

I know that left shift is the power hit button. But do you build power when the bowler is taking his run up? or when?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
i have the same problem guys.

can you help me w/ the key controls?

I know that left shift is the power hit button. But do you build power when the bowler is taking his run up? or when?

Check your manual. It seems from reading other threads that you don't have one in which case check out my post straight above your one.

Last edited:

dinu23

International Debutant
the key to batting in this game is timing. u got to figure out the speed of the ball before attempting any shot. if u play too early for a slower ball there is a good chance of being caught. I push the button when the ball is about half way down the pitch.

cricket player

International Debutant
barmyarmy said:
Check your manual. It seems from reading other threads that you don't have one in which case check out my post straight above your one.
barmy army your puddy tough on theif's arent you

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And why not?

If people didn't illegally download the game but bought it instead then the cost could come down.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
If you have a legit version EA or your local supplier will be happy to provide you with your (missing) manual when you show them your unique ID code.