• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Almost Beating Hayden VS Pakistan

NikhilN

International Regular
India is touring pakistan in feb 2001. In the first test Tendulkar made history for Indian Cricket...Sachin Tendulkar came very close to beating haydens test record for the highest inning

Scorecard for the first inning:

S Ramesh b Mahmood R: 275, Balls: 610 4's 27 6's 0

G Khoda c Ul Haq b Akram R: 30 Balls: 106 4's 3 6's 0

S Tendulkar not out R: 368 Balls: 454 4's 52 4's 0

Extras: 30

Total: (3wkts, 203 overs) 729

Indian Innings was taking too long and R Dravid( Captain ) had to dec at 729

nibbs

International Captain
if I were you I would have got the record. Leaving him stranded on 368* was just silly. If I have a batsmen doing well, I just bat on and on and on and on and on. I've never been to worried about winning tests. Winning series is way is way more. Usually I win most series 1-0, because I always bat for way too long and I draw heaps of games.

NikhilN

International Regular
the thing is I didnt remember that I was about to set the record until the inning was over :P

Anomaly

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeah im exactly the same nibblet :P just bat and bat and bat and bat, until its too late to declare, so then i just bat some more

DJellett

International Debutant
I have scored 409* with S. Tendulkar off 555 balls before A. Nehra was run out for 8 leaving Sachin stranded. Total Score was 690 a/o. My highest score is 3/1035 declared but that's on easy against MCC with Australia.