• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 - Your Lineups

shaansewak

Cricket Spectator
My edited Australia Lineup:

1. Stephen Fleming (Bowler 1)
2. Michael Vaughan (Bowler 2)
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rahul Dravid (C)
6. Justin Langer
7. Matthew Hayden
8. Ricky Ponting
9. Damien Martyn
10. Darren Lehmann
11. Adam Gilchrist (Wicket-keeper)

I have used the team management features and have now made the openers Fleming and Vaughan all-rounders.

Fleming is a left-medium
Vaughan is a right-off spin

I have used this combination to knock out sides for totals of 0 (yes, i do mean 0 as in 'nothing'), while putting on 450-run opening partnerships, declaring at 9 for 1065, taking 43 hat-tricks to date, scoring 21-ball centuries, and scoring at a rate of 30 per over.

What are your lineups and stats in cricket 2004 so far>?

Shaan

what the hell is the point of doing that? half of those players arnt even australian. and i would call that cheating. that feature is meant for you to keep up to date with the current squads and create your own players not to be abused in that way.

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Here here, thats not in the spirit of the game mate
Try using proper teams and still make 1000+ - it is very possible as im sure u no

shaansewak

Cricket Spectator
lineup

i do know that it is possible to score 1000+ with real lineups (few days ago i scored 3/800 dec in 45.3 overs using a normal zimbabwe lineup

i only created the australia team the way i did to sort of create my own world XI

i know it not in spirit of game, but i just couldn't resist trying it out.

Shaan

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
800/3 off 45 overs. What's the point? Doesn't that just get really boring. Try using a gameplay patch.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah ever since playing with the patches, and Ravi's batting patch the game is 1000 times better...

Just not knowing where the ball will pitch until the bowler is about to release it is great!!!!

shaansewak

Cricket Spectator
it does get pretty boring after a while

(i do enjoy hitting spinners out of the ground though)

the problem is that you know where the ball is going to pitch, which allows you time to decide what shot to play.

do these patches fix this problem???

shaan

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sam's EXE patch hides the ball cursor until pretty much the last minute... With that and other batting patches, plus on the hard difficulty its great and very much a challenge...

twctopcat

International Regular
Blewy said:
Sam's EXE patch hides the ball cursor until pretty much the last minute... With that and other batting patches, plus on the hard difficulty its great and very much a challenge...
Does anyone who has used this patch find that the ball marker sometimes disappear behind the umpires for short pitched deliveries?? Bloomin annoying if you ask me.

twctopcat

International Regular
Yeah but the only view that works is the distant view, which is pretty tricky to say the least. Wish there was a mod to remove the umpire from the view altogether.

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
shaansewak said:
i do know that it is possible to score 1000+ with real lineups (few days ago i scored 3/800 dec in 45.3 overs using a normal zimbabwe lineup

i only created the australia team the way i did to sort of create my own world XI

i know it not in spirit of game, but i just couldn't resist trying it out.

Shaan
The game is to easy, even on hard!

blackcapsrule

State 12th Man
shaansewak said:
My edited Australia Lineup:

1. Stephen Fleming (Bowler 1)
2. Michael Vaughan (Bowler 2)
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rahul Dravid (C)
6. Justin Langer
7. Matthew Hayden
8. Ricky Ponting
9. Damien Martyn
10. Darren Lehmann
11. Adam Gilchrist (Wicket-keeper)

I have used the team management features and have now made the openers Fleming and Vaughan all-rounders.

Fleming is a left-medium
Vaughan is a right-off spin

I have used this combination to knock out sides for totals of 0 (yes, i do mean 0 as in 'nothing'), while putting on 450-run opening partnerships, declaring at 9 for 1065, taking 43 hat-tricks to date, scoring 21-ball centuries, and scoring at a rate of 30 per over.

What are your lineups and stats in cricket 2004 so far>?

Shaan
It defeats the purpose of the game. Try to create a team that has only 1 skill point in every attribute. It makes the game way harder.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
It's to do with altering the formatting of the umpire kits so the visible channels are transparant. I'll post a see-through umpire for you to import as soon as I get the chance.