• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Online Cricket Games

cpr

International Coach
hmm, dunno anything about this game, or hattrick it was based on, but it's not cost me a penny so far, so cant complain.... sides been put in the lancashire league i think, called Urmston XI, awaiting me password to see how truely abysmal we are :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
From the site:

Update: Apologies to all. It appears as if the surge in server demand has been beyond our wildest expectations and this has had some rather bad consequences.

In short, we are going to have to close Battrick temporarily until the hosting problems can be resolved.

Please check back here for futher info.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience.

:blink:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Leicestershire Mighty Foxes v Guildford Goats (18013)

Date: 01/05/2005 Ground: Grace Road Mega Dome
Pitch: Green Weather:

Guildford Goats won the toss and elected to bat

First Innings of: Guildford Goats
Name Runs Balls 4s 6s
Ward (*) c. Leigh b. Boyd 0 2 0 0
Reet b. Pryor 0 2 0 0
Hunt b. Boyd 7 10 0 0
Burke b. Swailes 56 113 2 1
Brown c. John b. Swailes 20 22 1 2
Sawyer (+) b. John 75 76 5 2
Moxey c. Warr b. Boyd 39 37 3 0
Maccauley c. Warr b. Pryor 0 5 0 0
Merry lbw b. Pryor 0 1 0 0
Harris st. Warr b. John 1 5 0 0
Ferris not out 2 3 0 0
Extras (14b, 4lb, 2w, 3nb) 23
Total (45.1 overs, 10 wickets) 223

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Total 0 4 24 55 167 195 201 201 218 223
Batsman Out 1 2 3 5 4 6 8 9 10 7

Name O M R W nb wd
Boyd 7.1 2 20 3 0 0
Pryor 8 0 47 3 0 0
Swailes 10 1 26 2 0 2
Daniel 10 1 45 0 2 0
John 10 0 67 2 1 0

First Innings of: Leicestershire Mighty Foxes (play as normal)
Name Runs Balls 4s 6s
Dittmer (*) c. Brown b. Moxey 56 73 2 1
Leigh c. Sawyer b. Harris 90 136 5 1
Swift c. Burke b. Moxey 23 31 1 0
Rice not out 25 21 2 1
Mcphee b. Harris 9 7 1 0
Warr (+) not out 3 3 0 0
John
Daniel
Swailes
Pryor
Boyd
Extras (2b, 6lb, 3w, 7nb) 18
Total (43.3 overs, 4 wickets) 224

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Total 114 179 204 216
Batsman Out 1 3 2 5

Name O M R W nb wd
Ferris 7 0 51 0 0 1
Harris 7 0 41 2 3 1
Merry 10 0 36 0 1 0
Maccauley 10 1 44 0 1 0
Moxey 9.3 0 44 2 2 1

I'm the Mighty Foxes but some how we lost.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's a bug in the fixture list, I believe - it doesn't show all the cup results correctly. Rest assured, Leigh's effort was enough...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Ten-wicket win inside five overs. Dwight Tuck the star as he decimated the opposition...eight for 16. :D
Was that a friendly? It doesn't show the season as having started.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Alright SuperKingDave, I've signed up and, although I'm not really struggling, I've only won two out of four, athough admittedly they were automatically simmed by the computer because I've missed a few rounds. I've got a few decent players, although my batting isn't as good as it should be because two of my best players have gone AWOL (chior practice my ****).
I'm playing in about two hours on a fast pitch, and I've set my bowlers to bowl short stints and go for wickets. I'm not playing a spinner (he's been bowling crap), I've got four pacemen, a swing-bowling allrounder and a batsman who is (for an auto-generated bat) not a bad bowler. Lets see how we go now, eh? :D Best of luck!
Next games will be played in 2 hours and 6 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One small step for Nick…
…one giant leap into the unknowns of online cricket management. I’m sad to say I never got the opportunity to play ICC online, and nothing in the online format has really interested me… until now. I hadn’t really noticed this thread before, until I chanced on it whilst clicking around in the Freeware section. I immediately signed up in the ‘Yorker’ league, and I named my team the HeadHunters, which is the name of my brilliant and (thus-far) undefeated indoor cricket team. We were instantly placed into the *long-breath* Conference 1, League 3, Division 1, Northeast Region thingy. Its nothing like the BHRDCA ladder, which is easy to understand; I clicked ‘team tables’ and got lost in three seconds.
The game automatically simulated the first four games for me, and the HeadHunters have made a steady, if not brilliant start. We’ve won half our games, which leaves us eighth on the ladder. Rather ironically, our next game is against the Nooge Wallop CC who are just above us on the ladder at seven. In first sits the Pakistan Bungrah CC , followed by the Mavericks and Chazs XI . Its not all bad, because I’m located above such aptly named sides such as 2 GUD, Whats It All About and PAKISTAN. I’ve renamed most of my team to players who I recognise, just so it helps me remember who they all are. Actually, I’m quite happy with my boys, and although we lack any really good players we all seem to be reasonable.
Reality can wait until I’ve actually played, please.
Playing on a quick pitch and under a lot of sun, I’m going to play four pacemen and an allrounder, making them all bowl short stints at the middle and try to bowl the other team out. The Nooge Wallop captain seems to have the same idea for the bowling, but instead of batting like me and trying to play moderately he aims to raise the run-rate first and ask questions later. He has a pretty good team (including a fantastic opening bat), so it will be interesting to see who wins this first encounter.

God I hope it’s me.

‘Next games will be played in 27 minutes’
Wish me luck all!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nooge Wallop CC (115 all out [37 overs]) lost to the HeadHunters (6-116 [44 overs])
A good result for a new team! The five pace-men idea worked a treat on the fast wicket. Winning the toss and electing to bowl we had immediate success removing Bryant and Jumper early, however Maker (14), Birmingham (19), Throw (24) and Dank (18) all got starts and took their score past one-hundred. However, we managed to stop them continuing on past the twenties, and credit should go to all the bowlers, who were consistently in the wickets. Lurigi (3/21), in particular, ripped out the lower order after Fertilizer (2/31) and Pettifer (2/18) did a job on the top batsmen.
I think where they went wrong was their batting. I started off with my bowlers bowling short stints and going for wickets, which is exactly what they did. However, when we batted we batted to accumulate runs, whereas they tried to lift the run-rate from the go. Against a squad of quick bowlers on a quick wicket, this was never going to work.
Now, I must remember not to get too ahead of myself; my team struggled just as much as theirs did. Nick Grimsdell (3/28) really ripped through us, and at one stage we were really looking down the barrel, luckily the only two players to pass thirty in the match were on my side. Cameron Horsham (35), despite injuring himself, and Justin Longmuir (38*) batted the Nooge Wallop Cricket Club out of the game. MOTM was Longmuir, and he deserved it, too.

Last edited: