• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 glitches

Tell

Cricket Spectator
Having had Cricket 2004 for about a month, I have come across a couple of glitches.
Sometimes the commentators call the runs wrong ( a four when it's not) in fact Jim Maxwell is best to be ignored.
Ensure that when you add a player to a team, he is actually in the team, not in with the extra men or he will be left out of any second innings you play if you re-enter the game.
Also at the end of an innings there is never a NOT OUT. Seems to have been forgotten, it is just LBW usually, with no bowlers credit.
When playing with 2 players on the same team, sometimes the batsmen will not take the second run, they just wait at the wicket(and sometimes decide to run at a crucial time).. frustrating!
There is problems with looking left and right if you don't have an 8 button joystick (although I have a Wingman 3D with a POV hat and this is not utilised).
There are no instructions for manual fielding, and although there are different camera angles it is very difficult to field on the outer as it is very confusing. (How do you make them dive etc)
The stats don't tally properly, when I enter the field although I have played games and have stats in the standings they don't show when coming on to bat ie 0 runs 0 average
Finally, it should be possible to stop bowling a ball if it is obviously far too wide, lets face it, in real life a bowler stops in his run up if he needs to.

Last edited: