• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket sim coming...best of all...its free :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
i have started programing in VB 6.0 the latest cricket simulation

i am striving to make it very realistic and with good depth

also i want it to be fun

well i better go n get back to work

will post features list and screenies on request

well not screenies yet as the graphical side of things aint finished

also i dont have a name lol

but yeh plz post questions bout it if u want answers :P

not sure bout release but hopefully sooner than l8er :P

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
im currently working on the team selection screen thinymabob

im hoping to add some animation to it

a bit of detail i can give you is there are packed squads with the australian team consisting of 40 players currently (basically everyone in aussie team, aussie A team or young bright talent)

not all teams will have so many but i am hopeing to have lots of teams...including A teams and some rep teams (all stars, asian XI, overweight XI lol...ya get the picture)

but yeh im gunna make some flash movies :D just a few lil things to add to the game...also menu music will feature

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I got a question. Wilol the bowlers average just be simulated, or will it be economy rate and strike rate?

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
yes some bowlers will go for more runs than others and also pick up more wickets

so basically economy rate and average is simulated so far but more might be added

but a great feature i am trying to implement currently is bowler and batsman confidence :D

bowlers will have confidence as well (unlike c2k4)

but i dont like the idea in cricket 2002 where you could see the confidence i mean in real life u can measure someones confidence. to a certain degree

but the effects will show

thnx keep da questions coming

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
sctually before i go i thought i my post the australian squad as they are currently my "lab rats" dat i use for testing

with the current game code 50 is the max players in any squad and australia has 40 and probably will be the biggest squad

kk well here it is

"Gilchrist"
"Langer"
"Hayden"
"Rogers"
"Hussey"
"Maher"
"Blewett"
"Ponting"
"Campbell"
"Haddin"
"North"
"Martyn"
"Clarke"
"Bevan"
"Lehmann"
"Katich"
"Hodge"
"Love"
"Symonds"
"Higgs"
"Harvey"
"Watson"
"White"
"Hogg"
"Warne"
"Noffke"
"Bichel"
"Hauritz"
"Lee"
"Wright"
"Gillespie"
"Kasprowicz"
"Bracken"
"Rofe"
"Williams"
"Tait"
"Griffith"
"Clark"
"MacGill"
"McGrath"

an australia A team is possible also

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
in batting, if a person has a strike rate of 80/90, will he be able to hit sixes and not the ppl who have sr's of 50/60?
Also will there be a battin style like Normal, Agrssive, Defensive... If Aggresive

Will there be commentary? like

Shoaib to Tendulkar : Bowled Him, Cleaned Him Up! Reverse Swinging Yorker! Leg Stump out the ground..What a Delivery?

Thanx

DJellett

International Debutant
If you need some help wit research eg. Player Attributes/Stats ESPECIALLY ones from around the world. I can use the Internet to find some and I'm very good with Zimbabwean players Stats, so if you need me just e-mail me: bloomart@interfloraflorist.com.au and I'll be willing to help.

I do corespondence school so I'm able to work from 9:30 - 5:30
(Australian Eastern Time) every day except weekends.

Hit me back...

8D

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sounds promising but I know from experience that once you get into coding things get a lot more complicated than you expect. ::O
How is VB for game programming? I have never used anything except C/C++ or Java for games. I find it's important to try to focus on getting one aspect of the game good first, many freeware games have half-realistic simulation and cheesy graphics. I'd rather have a game be very realistic and not have great graphics (like ITC) or be really fun but not that realistic (like Beach Cricket). They both have something to offer for the gamer, but they focus on their strengths. Anyways, keep us posted, and good luck on the game.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
um commentary will be something along those lines

development is goin well

graphics so far im undecided upon

i'd rather have simple ones than cheesy ones

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
any updates on the game as of late? if you need help on some graphics contact me (tbedaman @ yahoo . com) (< without spaces)

One other question...What will it be called?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
They are Australian domestic cricketers - and good ones.

Anyway I don't think melbournemartin is returning...

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
hey guys, sorry i didnt reply for so long.

i have been working a lot on the game recently, basically on the match engine itself which is the most important thing.

so far the basic match engine is set up (even though i only have the basic things in it takes a long time to make). so at the moment i can play games. the basic things that i aint put in yet are extras, maidens. then i would be able to play a proper and real cricket game. so far the scores have been quite realistic but further tweaking definatly will be required.

ofcourse i have much more planned for it such as bowling and batting aggression and tactics, some fielding tactics etc.

my idea is to give the user the ability to fully control both teams so being able to choose both team's bowlers and strategys etc. this way you can simulate games to your liking. i will however probably add in the ability to just control one team so it makes u feel likeu want to win.

i dont have a release date panned cos it is still a fair way off that and as for more screenshots, the current match engine works great but graphically i have only done limited work on it so i will post screenshots of it when it looks better.

if u have any questions feel free to post em here or email me at melbournemartin@iprimus.com.au

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
the match engine is comin along nicely. i have not been really focusing on the graphics that much so i cannot release a screenshot of it for now but once i feel i have a match engine that i am pleased with i will show you some scores that is has generated.

the first release probably wont feature that many teams so you are able to see the game sooner rather then later but i will release further team updates in the future.i wanna make sure all the teams are as realistic as possible and there are a lot of players to do so it takes time. luckily i know a fair bit about a lot of players.