• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket sim coming...best of all...its free :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
next thing i will be working on will be the commentry.

i have coded the first part of the match engine in a way that makes it easy to add commentary.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
well ill look into it mate, i think that could be arranged but i aint started the commentary yet so it may be hard for someone else to do the commemtary

i wanna have a lot of variety with the commentary so im sure u would be able to help out in creating the various lines of commentary if u were interested

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
melbournemartin said:
well ill look into it mate, i think that could be arranged but i aint started the commentary yet so it may be hard for someone else to do the commemtary

i wanna have a lot of variety with the commentary so im sure u would be able to help out in creating the various lines of commentary if u were interested
If you use msn you can add me with the address above

Jdz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sounds good, first post here. I'd like to maybe lend a hand in graphics as I'm in to graphics (though not qaulified or anything) but perhaps you could holla @ me if you need some help with small things (such as game logo and buttons). Though I know nothing about programming but I'm willing to give a hand since I'm wanting a good freeware cricket sim. Though I may be tied up since I'm starting school again on Monday. So perhaps forget all that post, lol. :D (Though like I said small jobs I can do most likely, PM me if you want my eMail or something).

--- Anyways look foward to the screenies and from the info you've given it sounds good.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
okey dokey, been a while. here is a look at the basic match engine.

things to take note of:

commentary is in its early stages, final version wont be so repetitive and it will feature stuff as the type of ball n shot played etc and who fielded it.

the numbers at the bottom are from left to right number of 6s,4s,3s,2s,1s and 0s aznd the empty boxes at the bottom are for fall of wickets.

right now i am able to play through an entire 50 over match and i'm quite proud of it :-)

bowling and batting strategies will be done on a popup that you can access from that screen making that screen like the hub. these strategies are also only starting out.

the results are quite realistic but i still have a fair bit of tionkering to do

notes on the layout:

this is by no means the final layout but it works for me atm and i find it easy to use. basically you highlight a bowler from the listbox and click add bowler. this adds it to the bowling scorecard. you can set up your whole bowling attack at the start to act as a guideline if you want. the order in which you add them makes no difference but to try and make it realistic i allowed you to choose the order so your opening bowlers can be displayed at the top like in real life, unlike some game swhere the bowlers position in the bowling scorecard is based upon their batting positoin.

from there you simply click on the bowlers name that you want to use and it will add that bowler to the current bowler thing inbetween the commmentary and batting scorecard. there is also underneath the current bowler, room for the previous bowler.

it all works pretty simply once u start usin it.

now that leads me to my next point.

would people like early versions of the game to be released? atm, besides the commentary it aint much different to all the other games out their until i include the strategies which i am making quite in depth. i also have a couple of other surprises up my sleeve that ill leave for now...

wat are my plans for this game? well atm my aim is to finish the match engine and make it as realistic as possible. also make the decisions that the computer makes as accurate as possible.

after that ill be look at implementing some tornament functions and other management options

anyway any suggestions, comments are welcome, hopefully you like the screenie and realise that there is a fair bit of code that goes into just simulatin a cricket ball :p

Attachments

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
melbournemartin said:
ill have to ask you to explain wat u are on about :p

its 12.30am here and im waiting for my blc demo to download so i am a tad slow
I was just asking if you are going to have substitutes for one dayers now that rules are changed in your sim.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
I was just asking if you are going to have substitutes for one dayers now that rules are changed in your sim.
ahhh yeh i getcha

well ill look into it, wouldnt say its my main priority right now but if its in ODI cricket and im trying to simulate ODI cricket, ill put it there eventually. perhaps even give the user an option

atm im more interested about feedback, you like the preliminary screenshot?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
melbournemartin said:
ahhh yeh i getcha

well ill look into it, wouldnt say its my main priority right now but if its in ODI cricket and im trying to simulate ODI cricket, ill put it there eventually. perhaps even give the user an option

atm im more interested about feedback, you like the preliminary screenshot?
yep. I am more concerned how the game would play than the screenshots though.

cheers.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
yep. I am more concerned how the game would play than the screenshots though.

cheers.
yes ofcourse.

when i release like a final version it will be there.

also as will the new fielding restriction rules. they will slightly alter the mentallity of the batsman and bowlers.

atm im busy working on the shot and bowl selecting code. basically selecting the ball to bowl and the shot to play accordingly to the attributes of the batsman and bowlers.

ofcourse the tactics will play a part in it as you will select as a bowler, where to pitch it, mentality and use of trick balls like swing, slower etc.

this stuff will also lead into the commentary so it should look like this

McGrath bowls to Flintoff. Short, just outside off. Flintoff goes onto the backfoot and drives it through cover. Martyn fields the ball in the deep and the batsman come back for two.

i also plan to have a speedometre. things such as intimidation will play a part like the simon jones/hayden incident the other day. a brett lee bouncer at 155kmph at a tail ender is bound to shake em up a bit.

you will also be able to tell your bowlers how fast or slow to bowl.

the layout for these tactics is in place but the code is still in progress but goin well :)

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
I know I'm being perdantic, but this is something that you should want to iron out. If you are contracting " it is " then you say " it's ".

" its " is used when you are saying something belongs to it.

Therefore, Lewis bowls to Hayden and it's a dot ball.

As I said, I am being perdantic, but if you're going to have it repeat that many times in the simulator then you would want it to be right.

melbournemartin

Cricket Spectator
ahh, good spotting.

the commentary you see there is no reflection of the final version.

the final version will have several different commentary peices for each ball scenario. and ill triple check the grammar lol. also it will like i previous mentioned feature in the commentary the shot type, fielder, ball type etc

but yeh thnx for pointing that out but i assure you ill make any released versions feature perfect grammar :)