• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004 keyboard issues

roksta

Cricket Spectator
I have Cricket 2004 and think I am going to love it. However I have a problem with the keyboard. When batting, according to the instruction manual, you can execute 8 shots (page 11) presumably with the number pad as opposed to the 4 direction arrows on a standard keyboard. However I can ONLY use the four direction arrows. This effectively halves the amount of attacking shots I can play. I CANNOT play the diagonal shots (ie sweep/hook; on drive; cover drive; late cut/steer.
Can anyone help me out with this problem.
Dave

roksta

Cricket Spectator
The far right number pad does not work...this is the problem.
Is there a way of selecting this over the four arrow buttons?

Christo

Cricket Spectator
If you don't have a gamepad then you can use two direction keys at once. I found this after having trouble using the number pad. So for a RHB cover drive press S + down and left. etc.

BTW I don't have a gamepad but I think they only have four buttons too. Do you have to press two buttons at the same time to get the diagonal shots?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Christo said:
If you don't have a gamepad then you can use two direction keys at once. I found this after having trouble using the number pad. So for a RHB cover drive press S + down and left. etc.

BTW I don't have a gamepad but I think they only have four buttons too. Do you have to press two buttons at the same time to get the diagonal shots?
Mines got a mini joystick which you can put in any direction.

roksta

Cricket Spectator
I ended up picking up a logitech wingman game pad. This does make it easier to lpay the game and I am slowly getting my timing better.
But gee some of the commentary is crap. They really need to release a patch to have the commentary match the gameplay.
But better than the last cricket game i played - Cricket '98 :O

bpaki

Cricket Spectator
Dear All,

I tried using the two directional arrow keys for the shots with th relevant shot key for batting but mostly my cpu gives a beep sound and the batsman mostly at times defends and not plays the required shot. Is there a solution for it.

Secondly, is there a way to time the shots in batting, like when the bowler is about to release the bowl we should press the keys (directional and shots key) or when the ball has been pitched etc.

Will appreciate a detailed repy.

Christo

Cricket Spectator
When batting, timing can be practiced in the nets. Generally though, try to press the buttons just after the ball is released. When advancing down the wicket (button D on default keyboard settings) you have to do this earlier.

I'm not sure why the two directional keys don't work for you. I haven't had a problem with them. The only trouble I sometimes get is if I press one before the other and the batsman plays the wrong shot.

bpaki

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for your advice....

This means that i should press the directional keys both at the same time just as the ball is released from the bowler's hands with the short key afterwards... ?????

sid_b6505

Cricket Spectator
unable to play

Christo said:
Hey..I have a keyboard...when I try to start practice net...it says please configure your controller..can any one of u help me..I m unable to play crirckrt 2004 through keyboard. when I play a game...teams start playing automatically..I cant control..plz help.