• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sharne warne cricket 99 patch

peter010203

Cricket Spectator
Hello there I'm Peter K from Newcastle,Australia how you doing?I've just went out and bought this great old game,Sharne warne cricket 99 for p.c I installed it fully and it works good on my Pentium 233 32 mb ram 2.5 Gig HD using A S3virge video card with A Orchid Righteous voodoo 3dfx card.
However the graphics and gameplay could be A little bit better.That's when I started searching for A patch for this game,which I found and have downloaded it and have patched the game.

This is where the problem starts,the patch file is called ShaneWarneCricket99Patch.exe
PATCH 1.0 - Developed by CODEMASTERS when I click on that downloaded patch exe file it asks to install the patch to C:\Codemasters\Shane Warne Cricket '99 which is the correct game folder,it asks to overwrite files,I answer yes.Right now after the game has been patched,I click on the Shane warne crickett 99 icon on my desktop and the game now DOESN'T work,why?Yes I've got the cd in the cd drive,it worked fine before using that icon,but the moment I apply patch,the game refuses to run.So I fully un-installed the game then fully re-installed the game using Maximum install which is around 500 MB,patch the game again,still no luck.Is there any special procedure or way to apply the patch?I also found another patch for this game,however when I downloaded it,it's basically the same files as the original patch just in A .zip format

The other problem I'm having is that I have to have the c.d in the c.d drive always as this particular game rquires the c.d left in at all times,but why?Do you know how slow the game is when you run it off the c.d,even though I've done the Max install 500 mb?Noticeably slow,and I know for A FACT the game would run much better of the HD rather than the c.d

I tried to run it without the c.d but it states "Please insert c.d" DAM! Is there any way I can play this game with no c.d,bearing in mind I own the game and purely want to do so for speed issues,running the game faster and smoother.Is there any no c.d crack I could use to resolve this problem thanks.

Thanks Peter K
E-mail peter010203@excite.com