• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricket captain 2013 - all time greats test championship

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi Guys. I thought i would do an experiment and do a test championship with the all time great series available in ICC 2013. Basing the line ups on All time XI | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

And throwing in a few different players myself who i feel are the greatest teams/players were.

These are the rules.
1. If you lose two series you are out.
2. 3 match series.
3. 5 match series for the grand final.

Here are the match ups. with the winner in the right column.

Eng vs Au - Eng.
Au vs IND - AU
PAK vs IND - PAK
WI vs SA - W.I.
Eng vs SA - SA
NZ vs SL - Draw
NZ vs Eng - NZ
SA vs SL - SL
W.I. vs PAK - PAK
AU vs PAK - Draw
W.I vs S.L - W.I.
NZ vs AU - AU
PAK vs S.L - S.L
NZ vs W.I - Draw
AU vs S.L - AU
AU vs W.I - AU
NZ vs PAK - NZ

So the first teams eliminated were in order: India, England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Pakistan.

The Grand Final is a five match series between Australian and New Zealand. I will give match series updates.
:laugh:

veteran-80s

Cricket Spectator
Is there an editor available? Can someone create a module that has the pools for all teams in the Cricinfo All-Time XIs? I mean for example I would want to have all those 20-odd players for England and say, the West Indies rather than just the final XI? Also, is ICC 2013 worth a buy?

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good point.

Is there an editor available? Can someone create a module that has the pools for all teams in the Cricinfo All-Time XIs? I mean for example I would want to have all those 20-odd players for England and say, the West Indies rather than just the final XI? Also, is ICC 2013 worth a buy?

I'm not aware of one available and i do highly recommend buying the game!

veteran-80s

Cricket Spectator
I'm not aware of one available and i do highly recommend buying the game!
Thank you very much. I shall get it as soon as possible. I am trying to revive my interest in cricket after all these years and this one seems to be a must even if the rest see me playing with numbers on a colourful screen.