• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New cricket game in the works

John73

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
After doing very little for the last couple of weeks, I got back into it today. Getting close to having a fully working (but feature poor) Beta version available. I will post a link here tomorrow.

Anyone interested in testing for me, please do and provide feedback keeping in mind that this is a very early version and lots of features you will probably want, I already have planned but not implemented yet. Alternatively, you can email me directly at jmcneill@ecn.net.au and I'll create a mailing list and notify you when the Beta is up and when updates are made.

As usual, I'm trying to maintain what is happening at my blog: Test Match Cricket | An Amstrad CPC Remake

J_asonR

Hi John,
I'm very interested in helping out with the testing and feedback on the game! I will download the Mac version of the early Beta this evening, and the new one when it's released!

Blog seems to take a while to open for some reason but guessing that's an issue with works poor choice of new PC and system rather than an issue at your end. Again, will have a look at home.

Thanks very much for your continued work on this, I'm sure it'll be a cracker when you get some tester feedback and spot issues you may have missed.

Looking forward to it. I'll send you my email now for a mailing list spot!

John73

Hi John,
I'm very interested in helping out with the testing and feedback on the game! I will download the Mac version of the early Beta this evening, and the new one when it's released!

Blog seems to take a while to open for some reason but guessing that's an issue with works poor choice of new PC and system rather than an issue at your end. Again, will have a look at home.

Thanks very much for your continued work on this, I'm sure it'll be a cracker when you get some tester feedback and spot issues you may have missed.

Looking forward to it. I'll send you my email now for a mailing list spot!
Thanks.

The latest Mac version of the Beta may be a little time off, I'll need to get someone to compile it for me as I don't have a Mac myself, and there will be video issues with the Mac version as I found from the first compile I tried a month or so ago, which I won't have sorted out. I'll possibly try and get to the local Uni tomorrow where they do have Mac's, but not sure if they'll allow me to load the necessary software on them so that I can compile. I do have a contact on a programming forum who will do it, but I'd prefer to do it myself if possible.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Used to have this game on cassette tape for the Amstrad...any chance you can make it take 30 minutes to load so it replicates the original?

John73

Used to have this game on cassette tape for the Amstrad...any chance you can make it take 30 minutes to load so it replicates the original?
Greetings from another Brisbaneite :)

I'll see what I can do, maybe a retro feature so that you can start the game loading, go watch some TV and then come back and play the game (if there wasn't a loading error)

Note to all: Keep an eye on the Blog - I may not always post updates in here unless they are major, there will probably be newer releases every couple of days for a little while as I add new stuff and get rid of bugs as I find them.

John73

New beta release 0.03b is now up for anyone following the game progression.

Links can be found here: Test Match Cricket | An Amstrad CPC Remake

Getting close to a finished game, or finished with what I want out of this very basic game - next game will be massive compared to this :) Just need to write the code to handle run outs and end of game and then it's done. Plenty of stuff that could and still may be added, but I'm really wanting to just get this finished to a working stage and then I'll begin work on the real thing - a WAY more comprehensive sim which is based on more stats than any other cricket sim that I'm currently aware of.

Bishnu Aryal

Cricket Spectator
All the wonderful technicolor glory of the Amstrad CPC. Alan Sugar brought us the age of quality, affordable home computing. The delirious sound of the tape deck whirring away as Sultan's Maze took Twelve minutes to load before conking out half way through.