• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i can say i saw the boxart in the shop the other day and what more can i say but "WOW"....

I cannot wait for this game to come out...
It looks awesome, and some of the features had my heart pumping at a rate of notts...

Some of the features...

- Play a full Season(County/Pura/ING Cup
- Tour Countries...
*wipes drool from chin and keyboard*

- Edit/Create teams/players
- Over 60 teams, 70 stadiums and 1200 players

there was more but i can't remember it all... i was so excited...

And whats more it comes out the same week as NRL 2003, geez what a week it will be!!!!!!

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
*wipes drool from chin and keyboard*
"Cricket 2004 will feature a season mode in common with other EA Sports franchise modes. "Within the single player game you can choose what's now called the World League" said Wilson. "You have a team that you choose, let's say the QLD Bulls, or the NSW Speed Blitz Blues, and you can promote players, buy, sell and trade them, take them on tour for one day or test competitions. We want to give gamers a great deal of longevity in their gameplay. We're quite happy that we've managed to get so many options into the gameplay."

Like Blewy sounds like a huge improvment on the 2002 game in terms of gameplay and intrest values. :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And whats more it comes out the same week as NRL 2003, geez what a week it will be!!!!!!
The only problem will be finding $200+ to get them both!

Blewy, who is on the cover of 2004?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
The only problem will be finding $200+ to get them both!

Blewy, who is on the cover of 2004?
Well i took the smart option earlier on and payed for NRL a few months back, so i only need to worry about Cricket...

On the cover of the Aussie version is Brett Lee...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Brilliant stuff, I cannot wait...

Why is it that whenever a new EA cricket game comes out, the Aussies and Kiwis get it first?? I dont like my Cricket 2002 with Brett Lee on the cover :D

It looks rather awesome, Rugby 2004 was good, and I know FIFA gets more time and money, but FIFA 2004 is something else :D

Fingers crossed they have the cricket side of things well sorted out...

Anyone know the release dates around the globe?

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Anyone know the release dates around the globe?
Aus/NZ was about the 7th and the UK is still planning a shipping date, but it's believed to be about a week later around the 17th ish, but last I heard the game was still in the test stage.

Another website got a good indepth interview with the EA Sports guy Interview

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
I hope this cricket game is more realistic than others!
It would be cool to bat on the first morning on a test match, fishing outside the off stump, and being caught in the slip cordon, struggling to morning tea at 4/71.

Last decent cricket game i've played was Shane Warne's Cricket on PS1.

Langeveldt

Soutie
meatspx said:
I hope this cricket game is more realistic than others!
It would be cool to bat on the first morning on a test match, fishing outside the off stump, and being caught in the slip cordon, struggling to morning tea at 4/71.

Last decent cricket game i've played was Shane Warne's Cricket on PS1.
yep thats what truly makes a cricket game... I dont care how many stadia there are, or who does the commentating, but if this is the kind of scenarios we will be getting, that would be brilliant!

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Just ordered my copy....it's released 12th December here in New Zealand.

Seems like the developers didn't have all the time in the world to develop this game, didn't have enough time to personalise certain players. It's not realistic when Adam Gillcrest plays like any other attacking left-hand batsman, and when spin bowlers flight the ball the same.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
HOW GOOD IS THIS GAME? I have said to my parents that if they get me this game for xmas i will add a story to the house. I can't wait to play this game.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Blewy said:
Why is it that whenever a new EA cricket game comes out, the Aussies and Kiwis get it first?? I dont like my Cricket 2002 with Brett Lee on the cover

Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, i'll tell u what, when i get it feel free to ask me anything u want about it so you know what your getting.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
An interview dated 3rd December states that the release date is the 17th of December, not the 13th as retailers have been saying!

Lame!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
now i have 1 problem, PC or Xbox (for either or both)?
Age from what i've read its only coming out on PC and PS2, correct me if im wrong but im sure thats what i read somewhere...

Anyway i've pre-ordered my copy and just over a week to go....

Langeveldt

Soutie
Warne is god said:
Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, i'll tell u what, when i get it feel free to ask me anything u want about it so you know what your getting.
Muhahahaha, ive pre ordered it from NZ so I will be getting it before christmas, so ill tell you what its like if you want :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Age from what i've read its only coming out on PC and PS2, correct me if im wrong but im sure thats what i read somewhere...

good point for cricket 2004, rugby league comes out for xbox, though i will probably get both on PC - according to harvey norman they are gotting it on the 11th - ie next thusday :)

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Blewy said:

Touche'

PY

International Coach
Warne is god said:
Sorry mate but you misquoted with this post, it wasn't Blewy who said what you quoted. It was Rich (Langeveldt). :P

This post isn't about being picky because I'm jealous. :saint: