• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beach Cricket 2002 - Full Version Release

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You've been waiting for it for several years... and it's finally here.

I expect it will be bugged to hell, but when has anything I release been any other way? :)

Get hold of it at: http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/

I await your responses!

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I am sure there will be many bugs, but heres a start.

'SORRY, THIS SITE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.':P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It appears that GeoCities is immensely tight with bandwith allocations, so if anyone else would like to host this, I'd be delighted :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Great! I'll finish off my story in the old version, then we'll see (maybe I'll start a new career as Denmark beach manager...) Thanks Neil! (69% of bc1210.zip complete...aargh...)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
This is a bit unrealistic Last 8 of WC

Sri Lanka vs. Kenya
New Zealand vs. England
Canada vs. WIndies
Australia vs. India

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
well, jamee, where's the fun in having a completely realistic tournament? Besides, Kenya got to the semi-final of this year's real World Cup.

And I challenge you to get Namibia to a win over Australia :P (check my story...)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
jamee999 said:
SV 1 or the outher would be great you now
Not sure I get what this means..

I have played it pretty much to death and I'm happy with the realism. Over time, the better sides win out and I have only once (out of what is probably well past 100 times now) seen a "minnow" side win the World Cup.

That was me, as Namibia, and after that happened I rewrote the entire aggression code because it was too easy if you bowled on Aggression 1 all game. The AI will now settle and take you apart more often than not. I was also highly lucky as my opening bat (Danie Keulder as it was then) scored four or five centuries (can't remember exactly).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What difficulty level is this on? How edited are the teams? :)

Australia (and the other big guns) are vulnerable as their top order occasionally get over excited at the sight of free pie and get themselves out!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil, I know how much you value my opinion (yes you do) and I'd like you to know that I consider Beach Cricket 2002 a fine effort. The game has much more depth than I expected and it has certainly come a long way since its initial release. However, are you aware that we are approaching the end of the year 2003? :P