• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beach Cricket 2002 - Full Version Release

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Neil, I know how much you value my opinion (yes you do) and I'd like you to know that I consider Beach Cricket 2002 a fine effort. The game has much more depth than I expected and it has certainly come a long way since its initial release. However, are you aware that we are approaching the end of the year 2003? :P
I am honoured that you have brought yourself down to comment upon it.

And as for release dates, pfft. They're ready when they're ready. Games always slip.

Wait for BC2006. Some time towards 2008.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Update for Patch v1.21.4 released - http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~nsp201/bc1214update.exe

Think that this one's got everything (including a very bizarre Man-of-the-Match crash that happened because of a missing = sign in the code, the clWhite issue - you'll know if you saw it - and the problem where letters from the council get hidden behind the main menu).

However, I'm sure it won't have... I want to get stuck in to BC 2006 soon, can the loyal army of fans bang any more bugs/suggestions in here for me to kill off, cheers :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Minor bug:

When you minimise a window, it is impossible to restore it again...annoying when you're five overs into the World Cup Final with ball-by-ball commentary that has to be ditched, hence no story updates :)

Couple of suggestions for the new version:

Ability to design your own tournaments - group stages, cups etc.
Ability to add your own teams (Norway beat Australia by 4 wickets, here we come :P)
More detailed batting and bowling abilities - aggression rate (Gilly) and economy rate are musts in this game
More dismissals - 205 not out during excessive slog mode just isn't likely, however few fielders there is. Seeing as an 11-player mode is planned, this is needed
Ability to take over different teams in the career mode - NE Lincolnshire gets a bit boring after a while :)
Specify which player is keeper and bowling orders

Think that's about it...now there's something to work on mate :)

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Minor bug:

When you minimise a window, it is impossible to restore it again...annoying when you're five overs into the World Cup Final with ball-by-ball commentary that has to be ditched, hence no story updates :)
Fixed
Couple of suggestions for the new version:
Ability to design your own tournaments - group stages, cups etc.
Not likely at the present time as I have no clue how I would do that code-wise.

Ability to add your own teams (Norway beat Australia by 4 wickets, here we come :P)
Will be added

More detailed batting and bowling abilities - aggression rate (Gilly) and economy rate are musts in this game
Yep, see the "New Sim" thread in the CWXI forum - they will be developed simulateneously

More dismissals - 205 not out during excessive slog mode just isn't likely, however few fielders there is. Seeing as an 11-player mode is planned, this is needed
The whole match engine will be completely re-written

Ability to take over different teams in the career mode - NE Lincolnshire gets a bit boring after a while :)
Will happen, eventually!

Specify which player is keeper and bowling orders
On the way

Last edited:

stephentology

Cricket Spectator
Just wondering where I can find the full version of BC 2002. The link you provided doesn't seem to work anymore. This is a great game and I'm looking forward to playing the full version.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Have e-mailed you it.

The link has been temporarily been taken over by exam revision notes... it'll be back within a couple of weeks.

steeevooo

Cricket Spectator
The link in your last message doesn't work anymore, is the game on a new site or can you just e-mail it to me?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Have e-mailed you it.

The link has been temporarily been taken over by exam revision notes... it'll be back within a couple of weeks.

where are your priorities ;)

James

Cricket Web Owner
If you'd like CW to host all the files Neil just let me know. Would get much more exposure being hosted in the Downloads Centre.