• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

average time to create a freeware game

amits

Banned
I have just started learning vb (visual basic 6.0) and i want to create a cricket game. i am NOT asking for any source codes but i just want to ask this -

How much time it takes to create a game from the time u start to learn vb 6.0 ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ages.

You will get bored and give up for large periods of time continuously.

I'd say between 500 and 1000 hours at least to make a good job of it.

amits

Banned
i will try and create a simple game next year. dont expect it anytime before jul 2004. that will be the minimum time. the game, might even come at 2005.

i will be trying to create a game based on "Arcade Cricket" by Mat Clark. this game wont come anytime before mid 2005.

creating a stats based game is too boring and u also tend to get bored playing it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This is where the words In Your Opinion are quite important, amits...(hang on, that applies to everything you come up with...never mind...) ;)