• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New West Indies Manager

Cloete

International Captain
Having been inspired by South Africa the West Indian Cricket Board have decided to axe their Coach and employ a new free-thinking, creative and energetic change in the form of Andrew Cloete.

In a press conference today Cloete said these few things:

"Well not only the WICB was inspired by SA, I was also inspired by one Rob Malone to become an international manager."

Cloete also said the squad will be named very shortly for the upcoming tour of India.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent TBY

International Captain
West India?? What sort of new country is this??

Anyways,not much of a backstory mate...but I will still be reading to see how it turns out.But knowing you,I'm giving this 3 weeks to disappear!

Cloete

International Captain
ok:

1/ I was thinking of West Indian when i posted that and i can't change the thread title
2/good to see u'll be reading
3/you probably right about the 3 weeks :P. i'll still play just get bored of story writing :D

1/ It's changed now to prevent you from looking too much of an Aussie muppet ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloete

International Captain
Andrew Cloete announces West Inides squad.

At a press conference later that day he said this:

"Well I felt it necessary to recall Richie Richardson into the team out of retirement. I have also gone for a youth mixed with experience policy by adding the likes of Adams, Chanderpaul, Lara, Richardson, Ramnarine and King. Mixed with the youth of Gayle, Ganga, Samuels, Sarwan, Collymore, Omari Banks and Kerry Keremy."

The Official squad for the tour of India is:

J Adams (C), R Sarwan (VC), B Lara, S Chanderpaul, C Gayle, M Samuels, R Richardson, D Ganga, R Jacobs, C Hooper, C Tuckett, D Ramnarine, C Stuart, C Collymore, R King, O Banks, K Jeremy and F Rose

Hopefully this team can seriously challenge. Tour Matches will be played this afternoon.

Cloete

International Captain
anyone recommend any starting XI's for the tests before i start the warm-ups? just looking to get alot of user input into the story.

Cloete

International Captain
Team for the forst warm-up game against Karnataka. numbers indicate opening bowlers.:

R Richardson
R Sarwan (C)
B Lara (VC)
C Gayle
M Samuels
D Ganga
R Jacobs +
O Banks
K Jeremy (2)
C Collymore
R King (1)

Match results shortly

Cloete

International Captain
Toss: Karnataka
Decision: Bat First

Karnataka 1st innings: 421 All Out

Bahradwaj 145, Rowland 147.

Jeremy 5/100, King 2/81, Collymore 1/78, Banks 1/99, Samuels 1/60

West Indies 1st Innings: 238 All Out

D Ganga 73, C Gayle 54, Lara 29, Jacobs 26, Sarwan 20

Joshi 4/89, Srinath 3/36, Khan 2/26

West Indies 2nd Innings Follow-On: 206 All Out

R Sarwan 54, C Gayle 46, D Ganga 29

J Srinath 4/59, M Khan 3/26, S Joshi 2/74

Karnataka 2nd Innings: 0/25

Result: Karnataka win by 10 wkts

Comments:

Really impressed with Jeremy, Ganga, Gayle and Sarwan. I am not as critical as you may think as the pitch was turning square. Really impressed with how the young batsmen did and outshone the oldies. Samuels needs to find some form though. Lara and Richardson both having a bad game. This tour is probably downhill traffic with the Indian spinners probably going to be in control.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
Toss: Karnataka

Karnataka 1st innings: 421 All Out

Bahradwaj 145, Rowland 147.

Jeremy 5/100, King 2/81, Collymore 1/78, Banks 1/99, Samuels 1/60

West Indies 1st Innings: 238 All Out

D Ganga 73, C Gayle 54, Lara 29, Jacobs 26, Sarwan 20

Joshi 4/89, Srinath 3/36, Khan 2/26

West Indies 2nd Innings Follow-On: 206 All Out

R Sarwan 54, C Gayle 46, D Ganga 29

J Srinath 4/59, M Khan 3/26, S Joshi 2/74

Karnataka 2nd Innings: 0/25

Result: Karnataka win by 10 wkts

Comments:

Really impressed with Jeremy, Ganga, Gayle and Sarwan. I am not as critical as you may think as the pitch was turning square. Really impressed with how the young batsmen did and outshone the oldies. Samuels needs to find some form though. Lara and Richardson both having a bad game. This tour is probably downhill traffic with the Indian spinners probably going to be in control.

Haha you guys lost to Karnataka!:lol: Thats pretty pathetic you know.:rolleyes: :lol:

Cloete

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
Haha you guys lost to Karnataka!:lol: Thats pretty pathetic you know.:rolleyes: :lol:
not when you consider i went into the game with a youth off-spinner and they went in with 3 well-established and low averaged spinners on a wicket that was spinning square. but i think it's gonna be the case with this tour

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Gayle and Ganga are opening bats... Sarwan and Richardson aren't.
they don't hav ethe little O on the game tho. Samuels is supposed to be an opener on th egame :rolleyes:

Cloete

International Captain
XI For the Match Agaisnt Mumbai:

D Ganga
C Gayle
S Chanderpaul
R Sarwan *
R Richardson
M Samuels
R Jacobs +
O Banks
K Jeremy(1)
C Collymore
R King (2)

Playing an extra spinner in Ramnarine. In the tests i'll be looking to Hooper as well. But I don't like my odds of wining against Mumbai or India. I can't wait till I'm outta this place :D

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't HAVE to obey what they tell you an opener is. You are allowed to bat Ganga and Gayle at the top. I just can't find the realism in Samuels opening the batting. Robert Samuels is an opener, not Marlon.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You don't HAVE to obey what they tell you an opener is. You are allowed to bat Ganga and Gayle at the top. I just can't find the realism in Samuels opening the batting. Robert Samuels is an opener, not Marlon.
lol ok. i'll edit the order.

Cloete

International Captain
Toss: West Indies

WI 1st innings: 394 All Out

C Gayle 148, D Ganga 76, S Chanderpaul 73

S Bahutule 6/119

Mumbai 1st Innings: 345 All Out

A Muzumdar 96, S Tendulkar 55

O Banks 5/118, C Collymore 3/44

WI 2nd innings: 7/143 Declared

Ganga 40, Jacobs 26*

Mumbai 2nd Innings: 5/194

V Kambli 64, A Muzumdar 57

C Collymore 4/57, K Jeremy 1/37

Result: Mumbai win by 5 wickets
MOM: C Gayle

Comments:

The risky declaration nearly payed off with some good bowling by Collymore. Not unhappy about that loss at all, because we batted well and were basically just slogging in the 2nd innings. Two spinners probably would have been a better option and i'll be doing this in the first test. R King was injured and will unfortunately miss 2 weeks. I'll be extremely happy if w come out with a draw in our next match.

Next Game : India v West Indies in Delhi

Cloete

International Captain
One otehr thing, really happy with that opening partnership thanks Liam. Ganga and Gayle made 162 in the first innings and 42 in the "slogging" 2nd innings.