• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New free One-Day Cricket Sim

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Hi everybody as you can guess I'm new to this forum,

I'm announcing that I am planning to create a One-Day Cricket Simulator, currently to be named OneDayCricSim or ODCS. :happy:

Just trying to gauge whether there would be sufficient interest for it once I completed it.

It is currently designed to play the One-Day Season in the UK. Any ideas or Queries I will be more than happy to reply.:happy:

PS. if any of you are wondering why I'm doing it, it's because I chose to do this for my A-Level Computing Project.

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Well this is better than I thought it would. :happy:

Pure and simply the reason it cant be used for tests is because once I've initially created the system I may start work on more than one day matches. I hope that answered your question.:happy:

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Sorry I meant to say once I've made the one day simulator and I've fixed any bugs, I'll begin to start on developing the test system. :)

Also if anybody is interested the language I'm using is Visual Basic. Also does anybody think that I should extend the current sides playable? Which are currently:
The Unicorns,
Netherlands,
Scotland,
And all teams in the County Championship Divisions 1 and Division 2.

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Thank you :), Would it be a good idea for it to also include the teams involved in the Champions League?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm always interested in these sorts of cricket simulations so look forward to seeing how you progress with it. :)

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Thank you Somerset, and sorry I don't understand Howe_zat's comment. Could you please clarify it for me?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thank you Somerset, and sorry I don't understand Howe_zat's comment. Could you please clarify it for me?
Nothing important. One of our esteemed members planned a World Cup simulation (using us as players) and it never happened.

Like the sound of yours though - I'm not much for computing so I'd have to have a play before I could help you out, I think.

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Ahh okay so was it all of you as a team say Cricket Web CCC? because Making no promises I can give it a try once the initial system is running sufficiently. I don't mind I need to do it myself because it's part of my A-Level, but thank you anyway :).

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Okay then, one thing I will say does anybody mind its probability based for simplicity like there is a 1/1000000 chance that penalty runs may be drawn against one side, a 1/6 chance of a six and a 1/12 chance of an extra. :)

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Although under the current design of the system would allow for guest sides, so with some help I may be able to bring out a add-on to allow to play the forumer world cup teams, with some help on batting and bowling info and such. :)

weeman27bob

International Regular
Okay then, one thing I will say does anybody mind its probability based for simplicity like there is a 1/1000000 chance that penalty runs may be drawn against one side, a 1/6 chance of a six and a 1/12 chance of an extra. :)
1/6 chance of a six seems awfully high.

That'd be, on average, a six every over so that's 300 runs from sixes each innings, in addition to there being another 250 balls to score off, so you'd be looking at scored of 450+ pretty much every game.

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
1/6 chance of a six seems awfully high.

That'd be, on average, a six every over so that's 300 runs from sixes each innings, in addition to there being another 250 balls to score off, so you'd be looking at scored of 450+ pretty much every game.
It's just rough designs and it'll be not hard to change, so what would you suggest as a better probability? :)

Last edited:

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Something more in the region of 1/20 - 1/50.
Thank you I'll take a note of it.

I have made it 1/6 as well for outs, but if you get it there's still a 1/6 chance your not out. :) but I'm interested with everybody else thoughts I'd rather only need to make one program instead of hundreds of patches.

P.s Just to let you all know I have finished the roster of the players for the program. :)

Last edited:

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Game Update

Hi Everybody,

Just to let everybody know that I have officialy began the program so I'll keep everyody updated on the project. If anybody would like to know any details I will be more than happy to give the details. :)

Scrimley

Cricket Spectator
Hi everybody,

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on wether it would be a good idea to include One day international teams as playable sides in the game?

Also what about the T20 Champions league teams?

Thankyou