• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Challenging County Challenge

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
So continuing on some challenges. Not sure how many people have tried this, but i did when i was younger, lacking ICC sense and on 2002. Now on 2005, im trying it again.
Basically Im gonna skip a whole year of any county. Then dump out the players, and bring in a full squad of new players. Play for a year and see how well I can do.
Its a pretty long challenge, but the goal is to atleast win 1 COMPETITION. Normal difficulty applies and 2005 only. Your squad can consist of players already on the game but they must have not played any games at all.

Good luck to anyone willing to try. I Start right now.
Mid-Season updates soon. :ph34r:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ooh. I have tried something like that before, and it didn't go well.

But I'm tempted to give this a go.

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
AND TO CLARIFY

when i said win one competition, it could also include coming first in the CC or NL regardless off division.

Also some teams have England contracted players, so ill list out teams that do not have English contracts first year:

Derbyshire Essex Gloucestershire Hampshire
Leicestershire Northamptonshire Nottinghamshire
Sussex Worcestershire

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
Well im off to start my new challenge with Essex.

I have a squad of 18:
3 batsmen with an average of 40+
2 bowlers with an average lower then 32.

this should be fun.

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
Ohh my first win!
Took 2 NL Games. Im still noob at taking pictures of the games so I'll type it out.

Derbyshire 263-6 45.0 overs
Essex 265-5 44.5 overs

I looked in trouble at 170-5 in 33 overs. But a good 90+ run partnership between my last recognized batsmen and my wicketkeeper really took the game away.

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
Crashed out of Challenge Trophy 1st Round :\

Leicestershire 251-5 50 overs
Essex 158-10 39.5 overs

Never got going, 24-3 and 50-4 didnt help. Would have been hard even with a full strength team.

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
Mid-Season Summary

CC - 8 Matches, 0-5-3, 57 points [Last place]
NL - 7 Matches, 2-5-0, 8 points [Last place]
CL - Crashed out first round
T20 - 8 matches, 1-7-0, 2 points [Last place]

Yeah my bowling attacks is lacking horribly.
Just the one bowler averaging under 40. and has taken more then 15 wickets.
Batting is reasonable with most averaging low 30's and a couple high 40's.

roflrofl60

Cricket Spectator
Well I completely failed this challenge.

CC - Mts:16, Wins:1, Losses:10, Draws:5, Pts:128 [Div 2, 8th]
NL - Mts 18, Wins:2, Losses: 16, Pts 8 [Div 2, 10th]
CL - Round 1
T20 - Mts: 8, Wins:1, Losses:7, Pts 2 [6th]

:-O:dry: