• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beach Cricket 2002

Cloete

International Captain
great game :D. the career mode is the best :). i also like the graphics :P. maybe after 2007 we can see graphics of each ball :P? but yeah it's really good at the mo.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cheers Andy :)

Those graphics took a long time to get! One day, I hope we'll have some sunshine and blue sea in them but living in Cleethorpes I can't guarantee that :)

Career mode - I'm working out the best way to generate and save all the opponents' data for ease of access.

That and trying to decide how things will change when the season ends.

No chance of each ball graphics in its present layout with the way that it works things out, but maybe I could add that in a 2D style for the next version?

Any other suggestions?

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Cheers Andy :)

Those graphics took a long time to get! One day, I hope we'll have some sunshine and blue sea in them but living in Cleethorpes I can't guarantee that :)

Career mode - I'm working out the best way to generate and save all the opponents' data for ease of access.

That and trying to decide how things will change when the season ends.

No chance of each ball graphics in its present layout with the way that it works things out, but maybe I could add that in a 2D style for the next version?

Any other suggestions?
yeah that's a great idea. u got the commentary off CM u may as well get the 2d rgaohics idea from them :P.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, you've been waiting long enough for this.

http://www.geocities.com/npickup85/bc1200.zip

Career mode is completed but is not pretty

I'm losing my PC for service over the next week so I want you all to try to break this as well as sending some new stuff for me to add to it in due course.

By that, I'd like some decent surnames for Australia, NZ, SA, WI, Pakistan, SL and India because JR Smith opening for Hyderabad isn't good.

Any other features are requested, please guys! :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That's because my Geocities account has been disabled because I was using it to store files :P

I'll work on finding an alternative

Originally posted by Langeveldt
When you play the world cup, do you have to sit in and watch all the other teams play? I dont think I have seen an option to change this.
Finally sorted this out!

There's now a "Quick Play" button that allows you to sim the whole game with one click.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil - great game - can't believe all the effort that must have taken :)

Couple of bugs though in the career mode - when your players get injured for example - i.e. Dick Saddington has a Dental Appointment and is out for 4 games. NE Lincolnshire then play Karnataka and win. Saddington is still out for 4 games after the game.

In general, the international mode doesn't get the number of games down (sponsors, bat deals etc.) Is this intentional or not?

Also, when I play in the final and win 2 out of 3 matches, it's not registered - the game says I lost 3-0.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Neil - great game - can't believe all the effort that must have taken :)

Couple of bugs though in the career mode - when your players get injured for example - i.e. Dick Saddington has a Dental Appointment and is out for 4 games. NE Lincolnshire then play Karnataka and win. Saddington is still out for 4 games after the game.

In general, the international mode doesn't get the number of games down (sponsors, bat deals etc.) Is this intentional or not?

Also, when I play in the final and win 2 out of 3 matches, it's not registered - the game says I lost 3-0.
Thanks for doing that testing. Haven't actually managed to get through into the International rounds yet, so am not overly sure what happens injury/sunburn wise. I know it's a bit confused - whether it treats the whole stage as one match? - also, you can't seem to train mid-match, or negotiate further kit/sponsor/bat deals should the current ones run out.

One line of code in the wrong place, I reckon..

As for the final, hasn't got confused with the AI teams playing each other yet - so no idea I'm afraid. Will work on it (*changes difficulty level to 1*)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
*changes difficulty level to 1*
Wimp. I got there on 10 (in my 3rd season) :P.

Oh, and another thing that quirked me. The game engine is working excellently, but the sunburn isn't too good...after a while you get to know that buying a 250 ml gives you x % decrease and a 500 ml gives you y % decrease and so on. Is it possible to have a random decrease which is less dependent on the amount you put in (but not too much).

Also, some players seem extremely resilient to sunburn. Is that a function of their skin colour?

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Oh, and another thing that quirked me. The game engine is working excellently, but the sunburn isn't too good...after a while you get to know that buying a 250 ml gives you x % decrease and a 500 ml gives you y % decrease and so on. Is it possible to have a random decrease which is less dependent on the amount you put in (but not too much).

Also, some players seem extremely resilient to sunburn. Is that a function of their skin colour?
Sunburn coding hasn't changed since I was 13 so it's a bit lazy, would take me around 3 minutes to randomize it to a factor of (random*1.2x)%. Rogino's remedy does crazy things, however..

Resilience - aye. Gingers don't like sunshine!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

Fixed

Same bug. Fixed

Completely unable to re-create this one, I'm afraid :S Have done it as the home and away team. All it does is count up the numbers of "beat" and "lost to" - any more specific details/screenshots?

Wimp. I got there on 10 (in my 3rd season) .

Don't have the time when I'm bug fixing.. I'm impressed that you played three seasons of it! Do it on 20, then you can brag ;)

Fixed

Have also fixed another bug that led to the reasons on the player availability screen not disapperaring once the player recovered. Does anyone actually use that screen, because I don't...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:

Fixed

Same bug. Fixed

Completely unable to re-create this one, I'm afraid :S Have done it as the home and away team. All it does is count up the numbers of "beat" and "lost to" - any more specific details/screenshots?

Wimp. I got there on 10 (in my 3rd season) .

Don't have the time when I'm bug fixing.. I'm impressed that you played three seasons of it! Do it on 20, then you can brag ;)

Fixed

Have also fixed another bug that led to the reasons on the player availability screen not disapperaring once the player recovered. Does anyone actually use that screen, because I don't...
Good man! I might have read the results off wrongly, that's why I got the 3-0 result.

And I played 3 seasons because the game is good, didn't you realise that :P

So, since you've fixed all the bugs, where is the patch?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
So, since you've fixed all the bugs, where is the patch?
There are going to be a lot more refinements before the next release :)

Like sensible names for non-anglophile teams. Anyone want to help with some lists of Indian/SA/SL/Pakistani/WI surnames?

That and a lot more media coverage.