• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Theonlinecricketgame

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing I found with the last version was that if you were an opening bowler in a 50 over game, you'd go for between 8 - 12 runs per over regardless of your aggression and form. Also, even if you took wickets, the new batsman would continue to attack you. The 2nd and 3rd change bowlers tended to only go at 3 - 4 runs per over, even though their rating was much, much lower.

tocg

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
One thing I found with the last version was that if you were an opening bowler in a 50 over game, you'd go for between 8 - 12 runs per over regardless of your aggression and form. Also, even if you took wickets, the new batsman would continue to attack you. The 2nd and 3rd change bowlers tended to only go at 3 - 4 runs per over, even though their rating was much, much lower.
Hey HeathDavisSpeed,

Thanks for the post. I'm about half way through the new batting and bowling engine so when this is released the random performances should improve.

Let me know if there are any other issues / bugs / just not crickets that you come across and I'll let you know what the plan is for them.

thanks again
tocg

tocg

is selection at higher levels yet pssible?
Hey,

I have it working but I have not uploaded that yet.

Some screenshots of a match are below:

It will be uploaded tonight and you will be able to progress to FC although it will still only be the testing version so a lot of the FC aspects won't work.

I'll be finishing these off over the next couple of days.

cheers
tocg

tocg

When I go to play a match, I cannot advance frm the batting/bowling selectio, clicking either wont work
That will be fixed in the upload tonight also, I missed out a few lines of code for the state teams so it's causing issues.

If you play as an english club then it should work OK.

cheers
tocg

tocg

New Test Version

Hey folks,

A new test version of The Online Cricket Game has been uploaded.

You can access this through the Test Version link on the homepage of The Online Cricket Game.

The Load and Save options are still disabled on this version until that functionality has been completed.

Some modification have been made to the Stats screen as per the screenshot below:

All feedback is welcome, thanks folks.
tocg

tocg

www.theonlinecricketgame.com update

Hey folks.

There is a new release of The Online Cricket Game ready for you to test.

The main changes relate to the first effort at implementing the new GUI from AounArts. This will take some time to get right so thanks to AounArts for helping to make it look pretty :yes

The first class career progression should now be working correctly. I have not been able to find a major bug with this over my testing period but please let me know if you find any issues.

The save and load options should now also work no matter where you are up to in the game - again, I haven't been able to find any major bugs so please let me know if you do.

Some screenshots of the first effort at the new GUI are below:

From here I need to fix the way the teams are implemented due to some issues I am having with that. I have all the required teams but need to recode how the teams are selected etc. I'll be adding in more teams over the next week with the hope of having them all in there by the middle of January.

If people can test and advise me how they get on, that would be great.

cheers guys
tocg

Cokolo

Cricket Spectator
Found it harsh earlier when I got punished -3 on my batting rating for remaining 0* off 0 balls.
Agree completely, although I think what has been done with this game is fantastic I feel this issue needs to be addressed at some point in time.

How long does it take to be selected for the next stage above, I'm a few seasons in and just wondering?

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it looks pretty good. I've found a couple of issues with it though.

a) Going in to games and not knowing what format you're playing - I don't have a clue if I'm playing T20 or 50 over matches until it hits the 20 over mark.
b) Can you move to FC cricket at this stage? I'm averaging 85 from 25 50 over games, but haven't been considered.
c) I never seem to get any strike - I've had partnerships with the other opener, quite regularly, where he's faced 20 balls in the time I've faced 2. I can bat through the 50 and only face about a hundred balls.

EDIT: Take back b) - NSW just came calling after scoring 3510 @ 53.18 for my club side. My OD stats are incredible, 2940 @ 89.63 with 8x100s and 17x50s.

Last edited: