• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2009 - Bangladesh

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, we were always up against it from then on. A few positives to take out of the game, such as the application of our top order in the second innings and Mahmudullah's innings in the first. Bowling does seem totally reliant on Shakib though.

Jarquis

Game didn't save, which is a bit disappointing. May treat it like a 3 match series then.

Jarquis

Can't tell you how nice it would to be able to bat against spin.
Won the toss, chose to bat and were skittled for 163. Mishra and Singh taking 48.2-10-103-9 between them. Taludker top scored with 48 before throwing it away with a horrendous shot and only Shakib 26(74) and Nafees 24(131) showed any desire to stay at the crease. Woeful.

Well. First ball of the innings and Sehwag is run out before he's faced a ball, lovely. That's as good as it gets though, the Indian innings stutters to 336 all out, 173 runs ahead of the Bagladesh score. Parthiv Patel top scores with 70*, 5 other Indian players also pass 24 but nobody can go on to make a telling contribution, though Bangladesh will be disappointed they could never find the quick wickets they needed and allowed the Indian side to begin to form a partnership before beginning to fight back. The standout bowler without doubt was Shakib who managed 6/89 from his 45.5 overs, with 18 maidens!

Haha.... dire. Taludker looks a talent though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, oh dear. I had the same trouble playing against spin that you had in your replay of the first test with my New Zealand side against Sri Lanka where Murali and Mendis bowled over after over and ripped through us.

Jarquis

Bowled out for 97, NZ made 245 and ened up chasing 17 in the 4th innings for a 10 wicket win, late in day 3 :(
Inda beat me by 50 odd runs in 2 ODIs, both times I was bowled out <180, in the 3rd they won by 6 wickets with 62 balls to spare, again I only managed 170ish.

Jarquis

BUMP! Loading this up as we speak.

Am now in March 2012, my last few series, in chronological order, have been :

3-0 win vs Zimbabwe (ODI) Away
0-2 loss vs Pakistan (Test) Home
2-1 win vs Pakistan (ODI) Home
0-2 loss vs Sri Lanka (Test) Home
0-3 loss vs Sri Lanka (ODI) Home
1-0 loss vs South Afria (Test) Away - I drew a Test!!!

About to play the first ODI in a sec.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Just picked some fast bowler with some limited domestic success to tour South Africa in the ODIs.
He's a RF so have to have him involved :p

Jarquis

ODI Series Away in South Africa
Lost 3-0

ODI1
South Africa 260/6 (50 overs)
G Smith 64
D Wiese 55*
A Razzaq 2/53
M Mortaza 2/55

Bangladesh 216/10 (44.1 overs)
S Al Hasan 68
M Rahim 56
J Coetzee 3/40
P Fojela 2/26

Got crushed in the other two games, by 9 wickets after reaching 167/5 (lol) and then by 5 wickets after I was bowled out for 182 in 35 overs.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Is a shame how, even in 2012, I celebrate a drawn Test like a win.
After being beaten by an innings and 207 runs in the first Test, including being bowled out for 81 in my first innings, I came back to draw the second Test against Sri Lanka, in Sri Lanka.
Shakib Al Hasan hitting 161* to bring home the draw after being over 230 in arrears after both first innings.

Jarquis

Am pretty much hating life with this save.
2 Test series in England, drew the first Test after posting 550 in the first innings.
Then in the second Test I get dominated by an innings + 180 runs after failing to score 380 across the two combined innings. Dot even 5 hours worth of rain could save me.

FFS.

Jarquis

Since I've taken over... most recent series results against teams.
Eng A (2013) Lost 1-0
India H (2009) Lost 2-0
New Zealand H (2012) Lost 2-0
New Zealand A (2010) Lost 2-0
Pakistan H (2012) Lost 2-0
South Africa A (2012) Lost 1-0
Sri Lank H (2012) Lost 1-0
Sri Lanka A (2012) Lost 1-0
West Indies H (2010) Lost 2-0

ODIs
England A (2013) Lost 3-0
India H (2010) Lost 3-0
New Zealand H (2012) Lost 2-0
New Zealand A (2010) Lost 2-1
Pakistan H (2012) Won 2-1
South Africa A (2012) Lost 3-0
Sri Lanka H (2012) Lost 3-0
Sri Lanka A (2012) Lost 3-0
West Indies H (2010) Lost 2-0
Zim A (2013) Won 2-1

Have 2 Test points and 7 ODI points.
Best Test batsman : Shakib - 17th (662)
Best Test bowler : Mashrafe Mortaza - 33rd (665)
Best ODI batsman : Tamim Iqbal - 19th (504)
Best ODI bowler : Mashrafe Mortaza - 26th (746)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you had any decent regen players come through? Bangladesh seem to get some pretty decent bowlers generated in later years from what I've experienced.