• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC2001 - a question about tech training.

Graham

3rd Umpire
At what age do some of you stop tech training and use net training? I've used tech training up till the player is 25, but maybe you think that that's going too long. Interested in your opinions.
Graham.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
I think that 25 is the ideal time to stop.
i never use net training, but maybe thats wrong. I just start tech training if the person is 22 or under, i never start tech when the person is older, its a waste of time i think. Tell me what u think bout nets, i don't use them cos i go for good teams in the future. But it would help if ICC2001 actually worked for me!!!!

It does sometimes but not enough, i play it everyday and it took me a year to get half way through a season!!

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Graham, u there.
I want to know ure opinion on this subject as i probably have no clue wat i am talking about!!!

Graham

3rd Umpire
Apologies for my absence - I forgot my password! I've written it down now.
In ICC2001 I use tech training only on players till they're 25. From the age of 26 on I only use net training.
Graham.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I train my preferred players if their form drops to less than 3 stars. If a player's fitness falls to 4 bars, I rest him. Players that I intend to get rid of (ie, not re-sign) I don't usually waste my training on.
Graham.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
far out!, i had a youth player called Lang and i have been using tech since i got him at 18, now he is only 21 and he is the greatest off spinner. i also used the same thing with Elstub of Yorkshire who is an ordinary medium pacer which can now open for me with an average of under 20

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
plus, do u use training for weaknesses or other, eg, give a good batter bowling training to he can bat and bowl or give a bowler battign training so he can bowl and bat. Or do u give bowlers bowling training etc? (thats wat i do)

bryce

International Regular
ive been working hard on my team- today i got a youth batter with a 2nd team ave of 97!
my other top 7 ave in 2nd team-61,50,76,78,65,63 and all my bowlers ave 19 or less 2nd team but one problem - no allrounder! :(

bryce

International Regular
ive been working hard on my team- today i got a youth batter with a 2nd team ave of 97!
my other top 7 ave in 2nd team-61,50,76,78,65,63 and all my bowlers ave 19 or less 2nd team but one problem - no allrounder! :(

bryce

International Regular

bryce

International Regular
but i play some teams better than mine and they thrash the opening bat when he bowls!

sorry bout he 2 posts