• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web's Review of Ashes Cricket 2009

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
39.84% - This is Ian Bell's test average, and this is an Ian Bell kind of game: I'm sure some people will find something in it, but I sure as heck don't.

Heh, Pickup has nailed it with this and the rest.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Great review Neil. Sadly you're spot on although I personally think it's more of a Matt Prior than an Ian Bell.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Matt sad now. Have dusted off BLIC 2005 - it's better than 07, and from the sounds of it 09 as well.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Was actually going to ask this - is the new game actually better than 05 in peoples opinions? I'm quite happy playing 05, but it's certainly not without it's faults in terms of AI, shots not making sense all the time, etc.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Was actually going to ask this - is the new game actually better than 05 in peoples opinions? I'm quite happy playing 05, but it's certainly not without it's faults in terms of AI, shots not making sense all the time, etc.
The new one is a lot more fun IMO simply because batting has a much nicer feel to it. Fielding controls make more sense and bowling is slightly better. There's the runout bug that wasn't present in '05 but overall its better.

Though I don't think its worth spending $60-80 on if you're happy enough with '05. Get it if you can find it cheap, otherwise don't bother IMO.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching the advert on the tv now and the commentary comments that are on it are the exact same ones that were used in 2005..is that the same for all the versions or just the wiii one

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not sure if they're all the same but I thought most if not all play related comments were similar if not the same. Of course there is a lot more commentary that is pretty general (like the importance of the hook shot and some other good ones) that are new.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My mate has it on 360, brings it round here most weekends.

Failing that my bro has it on PS3, could sort that. haven't had him round to stay in a while.

Don't have anything other than a PS2 myself.

Will discuss next time I catch you on msgr.