• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Flem274*

123/5
Just played the awesomest test match. Have a huge backlog to update in my story but I just have to share this.

England in New Zealand 2012

New Zealand v England: 1st Test Match at the Basin Reserve

England 269

Alistair Cook 106
Chris Read 48

James Franklin 5/55
Gareth Shaw 3/47

New Zealand 221

Jesse Ryder 135* (412)
Gareth Shaw 25 (79)
Trent Thaw 13 (89)

James Anderson 4/75
Simon Jones 3/34

Fall of wickets: 1/2, 2/2, 3/8, 4/17, 5/17, 6/42, 7/62, 8/78, 9/133, 10/221

England 178

Kevin Pietersen 70
Alistair Cook 45

James Franklin 5/49
Trent Thaw 3/52

New Zealand 228/6

Jesse Ryder 66
Matthew Sinclair 53

Simon Jones 3/40
James Anderson 3/72

New Zealand win by 4 wickets

Jesse Ryder is God.

EDIT: Some background: Ryder got injured in the first test of the season, a broken arm when he was on 81*. This is his first test back after dominating FC cricket with bat and ball while we were away in Aussie and not only did he do all this, he broke Andrew Strauss's arm in this test.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I just had a bowler take 8/47 in a test against India in India and 12 for the match.

We even won despite only one batsman (Fulton) doing a thing.

I'm so going to pay for it in the next two tests but it was sweet.

How do I get a screenshot on here? Guess I need photobucket or something?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Played through the 1981 Ashes tonight. I don't remember exactly what happened in the real version but I'm pretty sure it went something like this.

Botham's quite good IIRC.

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome performance there, sensational effort from Botham in the 5th test. And who'd have thought Bob Willis was going to top the batting averages? ;)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Saw this result in my England game. An incredible collapse by WI, 6 wickets for 4 runs to tie the test.
Epic final few overs by the looks of it - I've seen similar collapses in T20 matches on ICC but never something quite like that in a test match, particularly with the scores so close!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Freddie!

His performance is actually better than it looks on the card - him and Follet had to rescue both innings from 3 for sod all.

Attachments

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Back into it recently for the summer season and I just had this bizarre innings.

Top order collapsed to 6-53 before two of my bowlers rescued the innings with their highest test scores. Also didn't help that my best bowler had to retire hurt.

Attachments

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Just had my most comprehensive win as Australia v the MCC XI (2045 Ashes warm up). Scored 0/569 then bowled them out for 18 in their second innings :P

My form is a lot better than last time they toured England; just scraped a 3-2 test series win that time around.

Attachments