• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
There's been an update for both the pc and ipod versions with a new World Cup mode.

There's also an iPad version released that makes use of the big screen. I haven't tried this yet as it requires another purchase of the game annoyingly.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to say thats extremely good of the developers to make that World Cup update available - they've certainly become more open to feedback over the last few years than they had previously and the amount of new updates are somewhat a testament of that.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Yea, especially when the new version's probably going to be released in 3 and a bit months or so. But then again, they can't really include the World Cup in the new version because that normally starts in April. The Childish Things forums are bustling with activity though, and I think they take note of every suggestion and put it into a list.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
So 4 seasons on from my last update, here were my current squads with their stats as of the end of 2037/2038 season.

A few things to note...

- Darkes was still going strong in tests at the age of 40. He scored 4 centuries in his last 6 innings, including his final one. He retired at the end of this season. He also scored a century in his last ODI in the last world cup (I don't select 37-40 year olds in ODI's after a world cup to blood younger players for the next one).

- Allenby's form has gone through the roof since my last update. In the past 4 seasons he's scored 11 ODI centuries and lifted his ODI average by 10 runs.

Attachments

Spark

Global Moderator
Good game for Smithy.

In fact, his last 7 FC scores:

and I think there's another century just before that, off-chart. Geez we could have used that sort of form a few months back.

Attachments

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally.

Had my first test win as West Indies manager and not a moment too soon. Basically, since the start of the game my record has been:

Played: 13
Won: 0
Lost: 9
Drawn: 4

Not a pretty sight.

After losing to Pakistan 0-2, I made pretty much wholesale changes to the side. Sammy was dropped as captain and Gayle was given it back. Chanderpaul, Bravo, Sarwan, Taylor, Roach and Rampaul all cleared out and I gave guys like Stoute and Bishoo a crack.

Down 0-1 against New Zealand with a test to play, we look pretty much gone after they post 432 (including a 155 run stand for the seventh wicket) and we get rolled for 256.

But then Jason Bennett, on test debut, rolls their top order through sheer awesomeness and sets us a chaseable target of 306.

Runako Morton, after scores of 4, 30, 5, 3 and 35, finally makes a contribution and is helped by Kirk Edwards and Devon Smith to chase down something awesome and end my thirteen-match winless streak. Edwards has been awesome for me: he was going to be dropped in the Bangladesh series because he was averaging about six after three tests but an injury to Smith saved him and he's scored two tons and three half centuries since.

Disappointing series really which we should have won. Set them 352 to win the first test but declared way too late and failed to bowl them out. Then set them in excess of 300 to win the second test and they chased it down with three wickets in hand as ****ing Neil Broom tonned up.

There's still heaps of problems with the team - mainly the batting lineup. I'll probably phase Dwayne Bravo back in, but finally we aren't conceeding 400+ every innings.

Attachments

Flem274*

123/5
Congrats SBI!

Though ICC seems to pick weird sides. Anaru Kitchen opening when a perfectly good opener in Raval at five, and then two batting allrounders at seven and eight.

I take it this ICC version still comes out with wtf teams?

Is Bennett a regen mate?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats SBI!

Though ICC seems to pick weird sides. Anaru Kitchen opening when a perfectly good opener in Raval at five, and then two batting allrounders at seven and eight.

I take it this ICC version still comes out with wtf teams?

Is Bennett a regen mate?
Cheers, yeah selection is still pretty crap. They picked Butler for the second test and didn't bowl him.

Nah, Jason Bennett is real.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice work! That's a big win.
Is Phil Hughes supposed to be so awesome? Averages 62 after 28 tests with 8 tons!
Yeah, it's ridiculous. There's a preposterously good player or two in every ICC version.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah, it's ridiculous. There's a preposterously good player or two in every ICC version.
Wasn't to be in the end. Lost the series 2-1 on the back of innings defeats... Same old.

Interesting, Hughes played pretty poorly. Scores of 1, 1, 0 and 73. Slightly worse than Kirk Edwards who managed 78*, 0, 0, 19, 18, 0. First two of those ducks first ball and the last one second ball.

Spark

Global Moderator

I can only assume it was coded after the 09 SA series, so the developer thought "well, 60+ FC average, 2 test tons in 3 knocks against SA in SA, must be a fair player". He now still averages 60, but with 12+ tons and two doubles. And is still only 24!

Him and Pup - who in Tests often takes "cautiously slow batting" to a quite frustratingly extreme degree - are my middle order rocks. Watson's pretty good, but goes in and out of batting form quickly. Haddin's surprisingly good. Rest of the batting lineup I struggle to find enough in-form class players to fill post-Punter. Can't seem to find a bowling attack that can string an entire series without half of it going in and out of form though, is irritating.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Somehow Darren Sammy has become my favourite player in this game. In his last 21 ODIs he's averaging 38 with the ball but at 3.96 an over.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New season, Martin-Jenkins, Kirltey and Collymore all retired. I released Aga which left with me with the same number of good bowlers as I had in the first season but 4 fewer **** ones.
Signed Tim Southee as my overseas, also brought in Matthew Hoggard. Those two are opening the bowling, Luke Wright comes on first change, Panesar tweaks a few and then a youth allrounder, who I signed at the start who spent 80% of 2010 in the 2nd XI, rounds off the attack.
Having a much better go of it this year, last time Panesar was my leading wicket taker with 48. In 2011 Southee already has 15 after 2 and a half.
Yardy has had a rejuvenation and has started scoring some big runs. Luke Wright has also stopped playing like an elephant's carcass. It's good.