• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain 2009 - News & Screenshots

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of the new features sound pretty good. Think they'll make me part with my money again for this one.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Was a pubic hair away from saying I'll wait until 2010, until I read these:

* More statistics than ever, with the last 2 years now saved and available to view at any time.

* More accurate player names with common names used.

* Improved player ability generation ensures more longevity than any previous ICC game.

* Improved team selection, including the AI making more use of spinners.

* Long term test and ODI AI picks improved.
They get my money again. :(

Shri

Mr. Glass
So, is it possible to control domestic teams from nations other than England? If not, I am not buying another ICC game till they do that.

Doesn't mean I wont play it though.:devil2: Yes, yes it does.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Ed_

I don't find player photos that important. They're all fake players after a few years anyway.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Plus I'm pretty sure it was liscencing issues that forced them to get rid of them.

Unless they somehow got rights to Facegen, as Ed says they'd be pretty pointless after the first decade or so.

_Ed_

The download version of the game comes out on July 1, according to an announcement on the website.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish the developers were honest enough to admit that they don't want to release a player editor because it will detract from how many copies it will sell. The bollocks about it ruining the point of the game for people insults my intelligence.

I don't particularly want someone to tell me how to play a game I buy.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
i will try the demo.

am annoyed that they lie and say that there features include sitting back and letting the match play and watching on autoplay yet the reveiwer with a copy clearly states that every time a highlight comes up it stops you from doing this! liars!

how am i meant to believe any of their features now? Sometimes i would rather not have to change settings constantly and just let the match play out with the limited instructions and selections i have picked.

the match tactical features get way too boring to be doing every single match for years. and your team still performs worse if you skip. major suckage.

and when you tell your number 10 or so tailender batsmen to be the most defensively setting known to man he still gets out trying an audacious attacking shot just cause the match engine simulates a wicket. maybe 1 in 4 billion instances with proffesional cricketers would that ever happen against instructions. they should have learnt to tone that down by now!

would much prefer a good ICC game over cricket coach spreadsheet manager type though. shame they still have the same mistakes with icc.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
i will try the demo.

am annoyed that they lie and say that there features include sitting back and letting the match play and watching on autoplay yet the reveiwer with a copy clearly states that every time a highlight comes up it stops you from doing this! liars!

how am i meant to believe any of their features now? Sometimes i would rather not have to change settings constantly and just let the match play out with the limited instructions and selections i have picked.

the match tactical features get way too boring to be doing every single match for years. and your team still performs worse if you skip. major suckage.

and when you tell your number 10 or so tailender batsmen to be the most defensively setting known to man he still gets out trying an audacious attacking shot just cause the match engine simulates a wicket. maybe 1 in 4 billion instances with proffesional cricketers would that ever happen against instructions. they should have learnt to tone that down by now!

would much prefer a good ICC game over cricket coach spreadsheet manager type though. shame they still have the same mistakes with icc.
If this ICC is like any of the others you can select which highlights you want to view and which ones you want to skip, so theoretically you could be able to sit back and and let it run if you change the options first.

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
not really tailender. autoplay gets cut out EVERY single time theres a highlight or wicket! grrrrr.

the game is exactly the same as previous years. just more slower and clunky. the match physics often don't connect up either (like bat not connecting ball etc.). it's really annoying for me cause you have to spend every over changing EVERY little detail constantly just for 1 match. it takes years to just complete one match. a working autoplay might've helped this.

in my opinion it is much worse than cricket coach, i was expecting the opposite.