Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Codemasters announce Ashes Cricket 2009

Another Interview with Jamie Firth regarding Ashes Cricket 2009. He seems to be finally answering the IPL related queries. You can read the Interview by cricketgaming.net here,
    Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A with Jamie Firth by CricketGaming - Forums - CricketGaming - Feel the sport

Finally they have reacted on the feedback at BLIC 07 and they tend to improve those. They must have considered CW too.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Is that supposed to be Flintoff bowling in that video?
    Think Freddie was coming onto bowl at the end of the video. Not impressed with the bowling animation, looks too much like 05.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Whatever you say Mr Propaganda Man
    Mr. Fapman is more like it.

WTF is the keeper doing on that first ball? And it's nice to see you can hit a cross-bat square-cut looking thingy through extra cover off a full-length delivery.
    Last edited by Agent TBY; 19-05-2009 at 10:08 PM.
    orz

Think Freddie was coming onto bowl at the end of the video. Not impressed with the bowling animation, looks too much like 05
    At least it was looking realistic. A closer look to that animation will be better. Just looking forward to the official video.

School Boy/Girl Captain

release date

According to GAME the release date is 3rd July 2009.

here is my source:
    Ashes Cricket 2009 - Xbox 360 - GAME.co.uk

So by my calculations that is only 42 days!

Well you can't trust these dates. The release dates will be different for each region. However, 17th July was confirmed as the Australian release date.

Its listed as 23rd of July on the EB Australia site....

Well they have simply listed the date on the basis of their sources. It will be too late. We can expect the release date early July. Finally, the rain of cricket will be started from 12th June when Cricket Coach 2009 will be released.

For more details on this game, visit CE Game section or Cricket Coach - the most advanced cricket simulation for the PC. Download free trial version now! Test Matches, ODI's and Twenty20!

The Legend, just checking, are you actually affiliated with the publishers of this game?

Not being facetious, there was a similar arrangement for the BLC07 game, until it ended in some unpleasantness (IIRC) after Mr Pickup's unfortanately very accurate review (wished I'd paid more attention to it and saved myself $95).
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    The Legend, just checking, are you actually affiliated with the publishers of this game?

Not being facetious, there was a similar arrangement for the BLC07 game, until it ended in some unpleasantness (IIRC) after Mr Pickup's unfortanately very accurate review (wished I'd paid more attention to it and saved myself $95).
    He's not and I think you're being unfair on Codemasters.
    Transmission claimed to have used the reviews by actual gamers i.e. by myself and Neil - both of which were equally harsh - as a starting point for making the new version. I don't think it's accurate to say that there was unpleasantness.

Actually, I run CricketGaming.net hence I am in contact with these companies.

Transmission claimed to have used the reviews by actual gamers i.e. by myself and Neil - both of which were equally harsh - as a starting point for making the new version. I don't think it's accurate to say that there was unpleasantness.
    If you will search this forum, you will notice that Heath Smith, the lead designer posted a thread in this forum before developing this game just to hear the reviews. I was talking to Neil a week ago on MSN. I don't think so he will write this time as he is pretty busy.

As far about Colin's review, it was too great.

YouTube - Aussie Players get stuck into "Ashes Cricket 2009"

Batting still looks terrible, hopefully the gameplay can save it.
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

Still the bowling is snooker loopy.

Hopefully you can take off the radar when batting, slightly improved the last few Lara games and made batting against 170kph Shoaib and Razzaq () a little bit challenging.

Online last time was a pretty fun. 350 was the par score in a 20 over game and then I use to tear it up with Mohammed Yousuf's offies.

@ Barmy Army:
    Thought I remembered a fairly terse announcement that the guys from CM weren't going to be available anymore after the review. But I did stick in the caveat IIRC (IF I recall correctly), and I'm very much sorry if that memory was inaccurate and I've done anyone a disservice.

I loved 05 but like many was disappointed in 07. lf the designers are taking onboard the feedback from 07 from places like CW, that's a great step.

Btw Barmy, what's your connection to CM? I had thought in the past you actually worked for them, but I take it that's not right?
    Last edited by Matt79; 11-06-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    @ Barmy Army:
    Thought I remembered a fairly terse announcement that the guys from CM weren't going to be available anymore after the review. But I did stick in the caveat IIRC (IF I recall correctly), and I'm very much sorry if that memory was inaccurate and I've done anyone a disservice.
    I'm sure they'll cope

I loved 05 but like many was disappointed in 07. lf the designers are taking onboard the feedback from 07 from places like CW, that's a great step.
    Here's the quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Forrest
    JF: Heath’s right: we’ll be watching you. I know (I read it often enough) that you guys don’t think we watch the forums, but I assure you we do. Your review of 2007 pretty much formed the backbone (as well as, obviously, commercial considerations) of the 2009 design ethos. I check them daily to see what’s on your minds. The last few months have been a lot of fun: the conspiracy theories, the speculations. I’m glad we’re out in the open now and able to talk about the game: I’m really hopeful that we’ll have brought all of you guys some justice! Roll on release day!
    Btw Barmy, what's your connection to CM? I had thought in the past you actually worked for them, but I take it that's not right?
    No connection other than running a gaming website. I went to Codies in 2007 for the pre-release tour but we didn't actually get to play the game. We're going there again next Monday and will get a hands-on for the new game and also the wii version.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information