• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Codemasters announce Ashes Cricket 2009

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got it a little while ago. I had been wanting an Xbox360 for the longest time and was pretty happy in the end to get one. Loving playing on it and at the moment I've just really been playing GTA 4 a lot and I've almost beat the game as well.

Been spending a lot on games at the moment, got Fifa 09, Top Spin 3, NBA Live 09, GTA 4, Prizefighter, Bourne Conspiracy in a short period of time. Haven't really spent all that much though as I've been lucky enough to get some absolute bargains on games from Ebay. Had a PS2 before this, which I still play but it has been gathering dust after I got the 360.

But yeah a career mode or something along those lines that can improve it's replay value would be great. Fifa 09 is awesome in that regard with Be A Pro, Manager Mode and Tournaments.
Oh man, next year if you get a Bball game make sure it's a NBA 2K game. So much better than the stuff EA regurgitate every year. Love GTA IV, couldn't put it down for about a month literally. If you like American sports games, nothing comes close to the Madden franchise though.

How's Top Spin btw? Been wanting a tennis game but no-one's really said many good things about them from what I heard.

masterblaster

International Captain
Oh man, next year if you get a Bball game make sure it's a NBA 2K game. So much better than the stuff EA regurgitate every year. Love GTA IV, couldn't put it down for about a month literally. If you like American sports games, nothing comes close to the Madden franchise though.

How's Top Spin btw? Been wanting a tennis game but no-one's really said many good things about them from what I heard.
Yeah I have heard great things about the NBA 2K franchise. NBA Live 09 is fun and since I haven't bought any basketball games previously I've enjoyed playing it. I'll definitely try and give NBA 2K9 a go or otherwise go for next years version.

Top Spin 3 is pretty good and it's a 2K game. I have Virtual Tennis 3 on my PC and that is a lot of fun if you like Arcade type games, but it is very easy to play. Top Spin 3 plays more like a tennis simulation and you really have to time your shots otherwise you mess up spectacularly. Basically it's really easy to pick up and play, but difficult to master. Worth getting if you're into your tennis.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
I am sure you guys must have seen the footage video. If not then check it in the CW Ashes Cricket 2009 page. Thanks to James.

See please don't judge the game on the basis of that video because of the following reasons:
It was in background
It was of very low quality
Can't judge a very big game in 1 minute video

Just support this game and nothing else.

Glacier

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If you watch this video of Ricky Ponting talking about the ashes and England team selection, this game is shown on the TV screen.

Sky Sports | Media | Video | Latest | Cricket Latest

Also if you notice at around 1.18 - 1.22 when the field throws the ball back in, the batsmen at the keepers end slides his bat in properly! Which is good seen as in 2007 they just plonked their bat in resulting in many frustrating run-outs!

I cannot wait for this game!
Is that supposed to be Flintoff bowling in that video? :wacko:

Flem274*

123/5
I am sure you guys must have seen the footage video. If not then check it in the CW Ashes Cricket 2009 page. Thanks to James.

See please don't judge the game on the basis of that video because of the following reasons:
It was in background
It was of very low quality
Can't judge a very big game in 1 minute video

Just support this game and nothing else.
Whatever you say Mr Propaganda Man

jimbles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think its near the end of next month/beginning july.

right before the Ashes or during the Ashes at least anyway.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Whatever you say Mr Propaganda Man
Mr. Fapman is more like it.

WTF is the keeper doing on that first ball? And it's nice to see you can hit a cross-bat square-cut looking thingy through extra cover off a full-length delivery.

Last edited:

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
Think Freddie was coming onto bowl at the end of the video. Not impressed with the bowling animation, looks too much like 05
At least it was looking realistic. A closer look to that animation will be better. Just looking forward to the official video.

The Legend

Cricket Spectator
Well you can't trust these dates. The release dates will be different for each region. However, 17th July was confirmed as the Australian release date.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Legend, just checking, are you actually affiliated with the publishers of this game?

Not being facetious, there was a similar arrangement for the BLC07 game, until it ended in some unpleasantness (IIRC) after Mr Pickup's unfortanately very accurate review (wished I'd paid more attention to it and saved myself $95).

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
The Legend, just checking, are you actually affiliated with the publishers of this game?

Not being facetious, there was a similar arrangement for the BLC07 game, until it ended in some unpleasantness (IIRC) after Mr Pickup's unfortanately very accurate review (wished I'd paid more attention to it and saved myself $95).
He's not and I think you're being unfair on Codemasters.
Transmission claimed to have used the reviews by actual gamers i.e. by myself and Neil - both of which were equally harsh - as a starting point for making the new version. I don't think it's accurate to say that there was unpleasantness.