• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2008 - Tactics

rangers12

Cricket Spectator
Long time lurker first time poster :)

I'm struggling with tactics on ICC 08 on normal difficulty and every time I customise my field to plug the gaps the computer seems to score a lot more

I usually look at the batsman weakness and bowl to it i.e. if he is leg side player I set a off stump line with a few slips

this works well on easy with majority of the teams but on normal I really struggle to get 20 wickets and in one day game I can never get above 220 ish any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Jakester1288

International Regular
Wow, been here since 2004 and this is your first post?

You need to shape up a really good bowling attack, get a few youngsters (under 24) averaging under 23-25 in FC cricket and put them on technique. You wont be going well for a few seasons, but when they come on, you will be winning most games. A good batting attack with a reliable keeper and an allrounder or two are also good.

I go:

2 opening batsmen (Katich can usually roll the arm over)
4 middle order batsmen (Clarke and David Hussey can roll the arm over)
1 wicket keeper
4 bowlers (Johnson, Siddle, Bollinger/other quick and Owen [regen])

Everyone has different tactics in One Dayers, I personally start them at 1 above normal and then go up two, then up another two as they get more settled. With the bowling, I just keep it on normal, same line and length.